Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster(s) suggested, please.

I have a Simply Rugged that is OWB/IWB convertible that I like for my 3". Not sure if they are still making holsters though.

Despite my best judgement (really didn't get a good vibe from their return policy), due to the amount of recommendations I've bought two holsters and a speed strip / ammunition pouch from Simply Rugged. Disappointed in all of them. I'm going to steer clear of that company from now on, myself.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Despite my best judgement (really didn't get a good vibe from their return policy), due to the amount of recommendations I've bought two holsters and a speed strip / ammunition pouch from Simply Rugged. Disappointed in all of them. I'm going to steer clear of that company from now on, myself.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    Interested to hear your issues with his products. Haven't really seen any complaints online before.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

One basic pistol holster was so tight around the trigger guard it is impossible to seat the gun all the way. Stretching it out seems impossible - there simply isn't enough room for the whole trigger guard.
    A beautifully engraved revolver holster (OWB) was so extremely floppy it collapsed on itself immediately when empty - reholstering became a really tricky business. Absolutely beautifully made holster, just made of so thin and floppy leather that it is useless as a holster.
    The ammunition pouch, the only thing wrong with it is that when you open it it immediately flips forward to a horizontal position. Works okay if you're trying to grab a speed strip (as long as you don't fumble and end up dumping the whole strip on the ground) but for carrying loose ammunition, it is problematic as it tends to dump its entire contents at once. I much prefer my Galco 2x2x2 pouch for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by fauxpa46 View Post
    Will be taking possession of a new Ruger 3" SP101 in a few days. I would welcome opinions/experience with holsters for this piece, both IWB as well as OWB, please. I am not necessarily pro-leather, or pro-kydex. I have both for all my other guns. The only stipulation, or desire would be an OWB that is as close to my body as possible.

Anyone want to opine or give me some ideas?
    I offer most all of my models for revolvers as well. My question to you would be, what is some of your criteria besides IWB and OWB? Where do you normally carry? What rake angle do you like? Do you prefer pancakes or wrap-around holsters? The one thing about truly custom leather is, other than the wait, you can get exactly what you want/need. There is a lot to choose from based on your needs.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by fauxpa46 View Post
    Will be taking possession of a new Ruger 3" SP101 in a few days. I would welcome opinions/experience with holsters for this piece, both IWB as well as OWB, please. I am not necessarily pro-leather, or pro-kydex. I have both for all my other guns. The only stipulation, or desire would be an OWB that is as close to my body as possible.

Anyone want to opine or give me some ideas?
    OWB: you can get a Bianchi 5BHL, size 5, for that 3" bbl. gun on Amazon Prime for less than 60 bucks.

User Tag List