Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Our cyber bullying thread

Site Supporter
    Forgot to mention that Inuse a hirnady crimp die, with a hole in the middle. Great little keeper place for the brass. If you aren't using a powder check, the hole by station 3/4 might do the same with .357/.38 brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I do the same for the primer feed.

For the case feed, I do this but with a piece of .223 brass. Works like a champ. Also makes it easy as pie to cut off the case feed to the shell plate for finishing a reloading session.

https://youtu.be/AsB8OMOU6O0

Slick. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Works a lot easier with the ram up. No need to catch a piece of brass, or risk dropping anything in the shell plate/ammo area and making a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The good news is that this sumbitch is fast. I need to sell some blood and get more toolheads and conversions plus a Mr Bulletfeeder. Once I get the toolheads and conversions, my beloved fivefitty is going to my brother the Marine Scout Sniper and long range shooting instructor.
    When I got mine I figured I would probably just leave it setup for 9 and use the 550 for everything else. Then I figured I could at least use it for 5.56 to get sized and primed cases. And well, I just set the thing up for 45 on Saturday.

Will probably always want a 550 for 38/357, 44 and some 40 now and then (I have enough to last a long while) but man, once I made that move it is hard to go back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    When I got mine I figured I would probably just leave it setup for 9 and use the 550 for everything else. Then I figured I could at least use it for 5.56 to get sized and primed cases. And well, I just set the thing up for 45 on Saturday.
    I've realized today that's one of my concerns of abandoning the 650 for the 1050. I only do 9mm for now, but am looking at doing .38, or doing .223 prep for profit....yikes the 1050 gets pricey for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I only do 9mm for now, but...
    Part of my reluctance was that I have/had 550 tool heads set up for 9mm, 40, 45, 5.56, 38, seperate setup for 357, 44 and even 380 (only used once...).

Oh well, I will "never" need to setup the 650 for anything else, and I have some spare tool heads for 308. Maybe even 243. Starting to think this may be an illness...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    That's a very respectable loading speed. I don't have a 650 but understand that it is much harder to use the 1050 'tie wrap' trick to help stabilize the cases as they advance to minimize bullet topple.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    That's a very respectable loading speed. I don't have a 650 but understand that it is much harder to use the 1050 'tie wrap' trick to help stabilize the cases as they advance to minimize bullet topple.

I had to google around re the zip tie thing. Found Candace's video. I'd not heard of it before. That's something you guys are all using on the 1050s? I'll have to go down to the dungeon and mess around in a little bit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I had to google around re the zip tie thing. Found Candace's video. I'd not heard of it before. That's something you guys are all using on the 1050s? I'll have to go down to the dungeon and mess around in a little bit.
    I cranked out 100 this morning and noticed a bit of case wobble between the powder drop and bullet drop on my 650.

I don't think there's room for a zip tie to the looped, but I'm curious if two can lay there side by side going around the whole tool head, and be held down by the buttons somehow.

User Tag List