Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: DA/SA Training

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So if pistols like the P-07, CZ75B Omega have an option to have a safety where you could run it like a SAO with safety instead of DA/SA and were of the mindset that learning to on safe/off safe the pistol is no more difficult than learning to decock, then why would one not want that option?

Because we prefer the first DA shot, with the attendant longer/heavier pull as a fight management tool over the SA pull?
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 03-26-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Because we prefer the first DA shot, with the attendant longer/heavier pull as a fight management tool over the SA pull?
    Which is the whole reason we chose to buy and carry a TDA instead of a 1911 or P35.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    This is important. I do not know how many people I have backed off of shooting (using a DA/SA) at the last possible instant because something changed and they no longer needed to be shot. These are people I had already made a decision to shoot and I was engaged on the trigger. At least a few of these people would have been shot had I been using a SA, and likely had I been using a SFA as well.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    This is important. I do not know how many people I have backed off of shooting (using a DA/SA) at the last possible instant because something changed and they no longer needed to be shot. These are people I had already made a decision to shoot and I was engaged on the trigger. At least a few of these people would have been shot had I been using a SA, and likely had I been using a SFA as well.
    This seems like a strong argument for the DAO semis of the '90's era since the situation can be just as fluid for subsequent shots or the introduction of additional suspects into the scene after a shot and the gun goes to SA mode.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Has anyone pulled out all that German research that concluded the DA shot doesn't do diddly for safety yet? I would to start a little drama but dammit I'm a lazy man.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Has anyone pulled out all that German research that concluded the DA shot doesn't do diddly for safety yet? I would to start a little drama but dammit I'm a lazy man.
    IIRC, that's not quite what the German research found. Rather, the conclusion was that the length of pull was much more important than the weight. I'd argue that supports the idea of DA having a safety advantage over most SFA options -- assuming the shooter is adequately trained to decock, if using a TDA rather than a DAO.

I'll take your word for it, I couldn't remember the specifics of it. I shoot a wildly dangerous VP9 with what I hear is a hair trigger ready to loot and maim so what do I know

I'll take your word for it, I couldn't remember the specifics of it. I shoot a wildly dangerous VP9 with what I hear is a hair trigger ready to loot and maim so what do I know
    wild man

I would like to read that study, if someone can find it. I googled around for 10 minutes or so and couldn't find anything but various forum opinions from random Cleti.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I honestly can't find it either with my searching.

User Tag List