Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther CCP Recall

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    This isn't meant to pick on you two but I was triggered with the phrase and have to rant about it a little.

The whole "neat concept" idea is overblown. I would translate it to "we need something to differentiate us from all the other guns". Walther's goofy 9mm stepped chamber would fit in that category too.

There's a reason no one has successfully used the gas delayed blowback design in decades. Too expensive, too many additional machining operations, too many additional things that have to be "just right" to work when there are proven designs that work just fine without the extra complexity. They'd be way better off to use an already standard sight cut so that sights from another more common gun work and bribe holster manufacturers to have lots of holster options ready to go than come up with some gimmick to reduce recoil.

My prediction - After this drop safe issue is fixed we'll start finding people who have problems with the gas retardation as round counts creep up.

Remington is just 10 pounds of WTF stuffed into a 5 pound bag. I wouldn't trust them to make a slingshot these days much less something with moving parts.
    Not taking offense to your post at all. I do enjoy different operating systems, mostly because I have a bit of an inner "how things work" need in me. Seeing the same tilting barrel system used over and over doesn't stimulate my brain much. That said, I am smart enough to ditch the nerd and go with the proven systems for serious stuff.

I know Remington is in the toilet on QC, and that the CCP isn't a bed of roses either. I was merely lamenting that I wish the designs were better executed because it's tickle my gray matter more than another Browning tilt barrel design, that's all.

I think it's a shame the CCP is trash, it has a great size for CC.

Site Supporter
    Took a week or so for me to get off my duff and send the CCP to Walther for the fix. Received a confirmation from them 4 days after arrival and return shipping notice 8 days after that. About 16 days round trip.

Bonuses include a cleaned gun and a new, longer, metal-tipped takedown tool to replace the woeful, tiny, plastic original.

This CCP has about 1000 rounds through it and my wife and kids (and me) all like shooting it. Not needed anything before this recall, so, no complaints from me.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Took a week or so for me to get off my duff and send the CCP to Walther for the fix. Received a confirmation from them 4 days after arrival and return shipping notice 8 days after that. About 16 days round trip.

Bonuses include a cleaned gun and a new, longer, metal-tipped takedown tool to replace the woeful, tiny, plastic original.

This CCP has about 1000 rounds through it and my wife and kids (and me) all like shooting it. Not needed anything before this recall, so, no complaints from me.
    Shot well for me when I rented it. Trigger was not smooth at all which is weird considering the out-of-the-box trigger quality of the P99, PPQ, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    Shot well for me when I rented it. Trigger was not smooth at all which is weird considering the out-of-the-box trigger quality of the P99, PPQ, etc.
    The CCP is built by Umarex, the air soft maker that purchased Walther time ago. They build crap, guns made of pot metal which stain Walther's name and reputation. The P22 was also made by them.

So you are comparing the triggers of guns built by a solid medium-high quality gun maker with the sub-par product built buy a glorified toy maker. It is not weird, it's only logical.

User Tag List