Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which Dillon for a complete noob?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Reloading is kinda fun, but it becomes a chore, really... Keeping the beast fed is a lot of work.

They're different presses. The 1050 is easier to automate in some ways than a 650, but also slightly more complicated to get "dialed-in". I like the priming system of the 1050 way way way more than the 650, but that's just me. I also think the toolhead design is more robust on the 1050. Lastly, swaging cases is a big plus if you're using a lot of NATO brass.

That said, an automated machine doesn't exactly lend itself to "tweaking" - it is for this reason that a simpler press can be a big help. I wouldn't want to start off with an automated 1050 and "debug" the system. Seriously not fun debugging even when you KNOW what you're doing.
    Au contraire. I have made countless tweaks to my manual and automated 1050. Yes more complex, and yes more stuff to tweak. All part of the fun for me.

Example: I tweaked my 1050 and especially my processes until I could load 1000 rounds in 30 minutes with a 1050 + Mr. Bullet Feeder while pulling the lever. This aggressive goal helped me learn the machine much better and was accomplished BEFORE I bought a Mark 7.

#Dillon1050
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-12-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    There's a vast, VAST, difference in the sense of accomplishment from reloading vs. mowing the lawn or washing dishes.
    Note he's not actually arguing the point that he gets a sense of accomplishment from mowing the lawn or washing dishes.

Sicko.

[emoji41]

User Tag List