Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This just happened: spontaneous DW Valor V-Bob sprouting

This just happened: spontaneous DW Valor V-Bob sprouting

What can I say? When impulsive and impetuous decision making goes good. This clean, used V-Bob appeared in my favorite LGS by way of a well known Sheriff's Deputy (and reasonably renown gun whore, in the good way) in my town. There are times in life when one simply has to know when to take "yes" for an answer, and this Saturday morning's screaming deal sighting was one of those times. The March forecast–from watches to pistols–is "bead blast."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Vending Machine Operator
    The Valors are just really nice looking guns. Enjoy.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

VBOB is a great gun.

I've had a bunch of Dan Wessons. I think they are the best 1911's in the sub-$2000 category. I like my DW's just as much as my Ed Brown and Wilson Combat 1911's.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    VBOB is a great gun.

I've had a bunch of Dan Wessons. I think they are the best 1911's in the sub-$2000 category. I like my DW's just as much as my Ed Brown and Wilson Combat 1911's.
    School me on magazines. What do you like more than the shiny checkmates that come with? Thanks in advance for the input. I'd rather take the advice of P-Fers with their own DWs than burn chunks of life researching/filtering on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    School me on magazines. What do you like more than the shiny checkmates that come with? Thanks in advance for the input. I'd rather take the advice of P-Fers with their own DWs than burn chunks of life researching/filtering on the web.
    I've had pretty good luck with the OEM magazines, but, for flush fitting magazines, I like Chip McCormick, and other than that, I pretty much just use Wilson ETM's or the Wilson/Vickers mags these days.

Thanks

Very nice!

Dan Wesson has really upped their game. Comparing the small parts of my older CBOB to my new Valor shows a huge improvement. That is a lot of pistol for the money.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    My go to magazines are Chip McCormick Power Mags. I have many thousandths of rounds through 2 Valors a couple Ed Browns and a custom Dan Wesson Light Weight Commander. I can say that I have never experienced a single magazine related malfunction. I have used the same 10 magazines in my range bag for countless classes and regular range trips for 7+ years. I rarely clean the mags and last year I decided to replace the magazine springs just because I figured it was good preventative medicine.

I have used the CheckMate mags that came with the DWs with out problems but they just don't get the volume of use the Power Mags do. Typically if I'm going to a class I will load the CheckMates but once they are used I won't bother reloading them.

I also have a few Ed Brown 8-Pack magazines which I Do Not recommend. If inserted with too much gusto they will go in too far and block the slide from going forward effectively locking up the gun. I generally avoid using these mags however as above if headed to a class I will load them and use them once but not for reloads. I like showing up at a class with about 16 loaded 8 round mags (just what I keep in my range bag) and will put away the less trusted mags after I empty them.

My full size duty treat valor uses Wilson 47D magazines. No issues.

Congrats, Vals are great guns.

-Cory

Good info, everyone. Seems like the same good names keep coming up for magazines. I appreciate the input.

I can't wait to get this thing to the range. Sadly, I've shot much of my March range time sorting another gun, and work/life beckons. It'll probably be early April before I can try this sophisticated beast out. In the meantime, may as well gear up with some more mags.

User Tag List