Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gadget getting some recognition!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Simultaneously a factual statement at face value as well as code for needing a supervised ass-whipping. I like it.
    Definitely a catch-all; agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    His comment: "The only trouble I see with this is we teach shooting with the thumb on the back of the slide during retention to keep the slide in battery." Uh, OK... thanks for looking and answering honestly, dude.
    I have received one comment like this from someone who said he practiced "contact" shots that way and the SCD was a no go for that. Somebody out there must be teaching that stuff, I wonder who.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I have received one comment like this from someone who said he practiced "contact" shots that way and the SCD was a no go for that. Somebody out there must be teaching that stuff, I wonder who.
    A guy wearing a T-shirt with a mean skull and the silhouettes of two crossed TC contenders underneath it that says: "if you can't get 'er done in one, you're no fun..."

You know I'm right.

Holy. Freaking. Crap. The comments, dear jeebus, the comments.

Congrats on the Gadget's recognition! Those poor souls just don't know what they don't know. Keep it up, Tom!

I'm sort of a novice at AIWB (5 years) I carry a Glock. It looks appealing to me THE GADGET !
    Last edited by Kennydale; 03-19-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Holy crap. So many haters. First time I saw this device I thought "brilliant." not this crap about "my finger is my safety."
    It seems to be a reoccurring theme on every gun forum outside of PF.

"Check out this additional layer of safety you can get on your Glock! It's 100% passive unlike a manual thumb safety, you will never break it as some test samples exceed the 40,000 round mark with no signs of breakage, has been tested for about 7 years and is thought to be a good idea by some of the most serious shooters in the world!"

"It greatly reduces the risk if not completely eliminates the chance of a negligent discharge when reholstering, which is a concern for some people like LE or someone who carries AIWB!"

THAT'S ABOUT THE DUMBEST FUCKING IDEA I'VE EVER HEARD OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I fairness to the commenters on the NRA post, I think it's good for people to be skeptical about new products and for them to be very hesitant to add aftermarket parts to their guns. Also, every uniformed comment is a reminder that the marketing and educational materials for the SCD are lacking. It's tough to get too upset at people who don't understand it when there is relatively few places they can go to become better informed.

Very few people have spent as much time around the gadget concept, much less actual SCDs, as the people on PF. And, in the end, I think that to a large degree people need to see one in person to really get it. People tend to think that it's much more complicated than it really is. I'm not sure what level of contraption they envision, but it's almost ridiculously simple.

I do need to get better information available, but I also need to go lots of other things.
    Tom, I want to commend you on your attitude and reaction to some of these asinine comments. In my continuing journey towards being an effective manager of people in the workplace, I have learned that the folks who succeed avoid being offended and react by being personally responsible.

On the subject of consumer education, have you considered a close-up video of the bottom of the slide locked back? This is the best way to demonstrate how incredibly simply the operation of this device is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you have well known instructors and prior high speed guys advocating 3 pound glock triggers on carry guns, can we be surprised?

We need more reviews. Written ones.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We need more reviews. Written ones.
    I need more time, fortunately most of my time is taken up with my son. I currently have 570 rounds through my gen 4 glock 19 with one on it. Hundreds more dry fire, once I get near two thousand I will use write a review.

User Tag List