Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gadget getting some recognition!

Going through a couple of the comments there;I don't think many of them understand what the gadget does, or watched the video related to the topic that they are commenting.

This is my favorite right next to "why I carry an XD"
    ...SIMPLY DON'T HOLSTER A GUN WITH A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER CONTRARY TO ALL THESE GOT TO KEEP ONE IN THE CHAMBER NUTS YOU DON'T HAVE TO ALL THE TIME. ONE IN THE CHAMBER SHOULD DEPEND ON THE SITUATION IF YOU ARE WALKING DOWN A DARK ALLEY IN A BAD PART OF TOWN CHAMBER A ROUND IF AT HOME WITH THE DOORS LOCKED AND THE ALARM ON THEN YOU PROBABLY DON'T NEED TO HAVE ONE CHAMBERED
    Last edited by Artemas2; 03-19-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: typo and punctuation OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Going through a couple of the comments there;I don't think many of them understand what the gadget does, or watched the video related to the topic that they are commenting.

The cap locks make that comment. /sarcasm

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I read (or at least try to read) all of the comments.
    I don't know how you do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I generally treat someone's initial reaction to the Gadget as a litmus test . . .
    I was in one local range wringing out a new (yet very old) G26 that I had put a gadget on, and I showed it to the armorer there. His comment: "The only trouble I see with this is we teach shooting with the thumb on the back of the slide during retention to keep the slide in battery." Uh, OK... thanks for looking and answering honestly, dude.

Gene pool needs bleach.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post

I'm getting a mental picture of a 300lb Serpa fanboy...

My favorite reply is, "if you need this device it's because of a lack of training".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I just through my 2 drops of bleach into that cesspool of comments. Queue the flame war in 3, 2, 1...

Why do we have 4 rules of firearm safety? Why have a safety on a 1911? Why have TDA? Why have a holster? Why have a NY trigger? Hell, why not just keep 1 of the 4 rules, because all of you are so switched on that you could never make a mistake. And make sure you stone anyone trying to invent another improvement to firearm safety, because that proves you're infallible. You can take that bet, I'll take a gadget.
    Last edited by BaiHu; 03-19-2017 at 06:16 PM.

I fairness to the commenters on the NRA post, I think it's good for people to be skeptical about new products and for them to be very hesitant to add aftermarket parts to their guns. Also, every uniformed comment is a reminder that the marketing and educational materials for the SCD are lacking. It's tough to get too upset at people who don't understand it when there is relatively few places they can go to become better informed.

Very few people have spent as much time around the gadget concept, much less actual SCDs, as the people on PF. And, in the end, I think that to a large degree people need to see one in person to really get it. People tend to think that it's much more complicated than it really is. I'm not sure what level of contraption they envision, but it's almost ridiculously simple. It's so simple, and obvious, that during the year or so we were working on getting the patent applications squared away we constantly feared that someone else would come up the idea and rush it to market.

I do need to get better information available, but I also need to go lots of other things. If I got an order for 10,000 (or even 1000) SCDs tomorrow, that would be great and all but I wouldn't be able to fulfill it. Sales are good (especially today) and all revenue is being used to fund additional inventory. I have several hundred units in production now, and I just hope I don't I run out of stock before they are done in about 6 weeks.
    When people don't take the time to watch it all the way through and admit it, they need a verbal/logical lashing.

Tom's Marketing 101 logic was better than my haterade filled post about the FB comments.
    Last edited by GAP; 03-19-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Somebody needs some ECQC.
    Simultaneously a factual statement at face value as well as code for needing a supervised ass-whipping. I like it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List