Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gadget getting some recognition!

I was at a private range yesterday observing part of a class that was going on. Was comparing my 19 to the new CZ. The instructor thought my Glock was broken. He had no idea what a striker control device was so I did an impromptu demo for him and the class. It was like I was showing them magic or witchcraft or something. Most of the students didn't really understand the why behind it but I didn't think any of them carried appendix either. The instructor really liked it though.

Have also shown it two a couple of range safeties at my home range. Some guys "get it" right away and some don't.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Straight up: I am convinced that there are people out there who would rather shoot themselves in the dick than give up what their imaginary gunfight looks like. I don't think this product was made for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Straight up: I am convinced that there are people out there who would rather shoot themselves in the dick than give up what their imaginary gunfight looks like. I don't think this product was made for them.
    Name:  ChristmasStory.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  21.7 KB

"I'll say!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    To copypaste from a recent Bookface discussion...
    Would you like three good reasons to not put a Gadget on your gun that don't make you look like you don't know how it works?

Here:
    1) "I don't want one."
    2) "I can't afford one."
    3) "I'm comfortable without one."

"It'll get jammed up in dirt!" or "It's extra parts!" or "I don't like safeties!" are all just fancy ways of saying "I don't really understand what this thing is or how it works."
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I wouldn't worry about all the naysayers: as soon as this gets the sign off from real experts like James Yeager, Instructor Zero, and Nick Leghorn, the masses will abide. And if that doesn't work, you can just tell them it was actually Vickers' idea, and that should do it.

I've learned not to waste brain cells getting frustrated with stupid people - it's not going to make them any smarter.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

What's the ball park number of rounds the beta testers fired with the beta gadgets? Any idea?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    What's the ball park number of rounds the beta testers fired with the beta gadgets? Any idea?
    I think Tom had remarked in the area of 500,000 to 600,000 and I believe the number is higher now. All fired without a failure of any kind.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

That's impressive. I have complete faith in mine, I was just curious. Thanks.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    To copypaste from a recent Bookface discussion...

Would you like three good reasons to not put a Gadget on your gun that don't make you look like you don't know how it works?

Here:
    1) "I don't want one."
    2) "I can't afford one."
    3) "I'm comfortable without one."

"It'll get jammed up in dirt!" or "It's extra parts!" or "I don't like safeties!" are all just fancy ways of saying "I don't really understand what this thing is or how it works."
    I liked, and unliked this just so I could like it twice.

Wow I can't believe how ignorant the majority of people are in that Facebook link! It's kinda shocking to me!

User Tag List