Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Gadget getting some recognition!

Gadget getting some recognition!

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    One of the very first reviews that you didn’t have a bunch of stupid comments in the comments section. Must be finally making it main stream, lol.
    I read some of the comments. I was...amazed. People actually seemed to ‘get it’ and appreciate the SCD for its fiendish simplicity and effectiveness.

As to the video, Chris Baker once again sets the bar for informative, effective and engaging use of online media. His material is simply outstanding.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-08-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Excellent!

I personally consider it mandatory and the main reason I went back to Glocks when the gen 5s came out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Judging by the comments on FB (of which I can't determine the veracity of their claims), apparently a LOT of people do (including LE trainers).
    Back in 1995 when I went through the Glock Instructor/Armorer course for the first time. We were taught to put the thumb on the rear of the slide in a contact shot to keep it in battery, and to tap rack after that. Not sure that's taught anymore or if it was just that one instructors idea, but it is out there as a technique. I prefer the 2 gadgets we have on our Glocks though...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Because I hate myself, I read all the comments I can find. The most common complaint seems to be that I don’t sell them for less than it costs to make them.
    I eye-rolled massively at the people complaining about the price. I’d wager those same folks have no issues forking over money for an aftermarket barrel or all sorts of needless mods/gear they think will help them shoot better. God forbid anyone spend money on something to increase safety!
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Because I hate myself, I read all the comments I can find. The most common complaint seems to be that I don’t sell them for less than it costs to make them.
    Patriots are very patriotic until they have to pay for American designed and manufactured products.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I eye-rolled massively at the people complaining about the price. I’d wager those same folks have no issues forking over money for an aftermarket barrel or all sorts of needless mods/gear they think will help them shoot better. God forbid anyone spend money on something to increase safety!
    So, you're saying my super-extreme, space gun-like, slide cuts aren't as practical as a Gadget??

I like Chris's videos but in the interest of accuracy, he said one thing that my experience with the SCD says otherwise... he said a thumb pressed against the SCD would keep the trigger from being pressed. My experience says that between a firm thumb against the SCD versus a strong pull on the trigger, the trigger wins. I believe a more accurate description is that with a thumb firmly pressed against the SCD, should the trigger move while re-holstering, your thumb will immediately feel it and signal a STOP - SOMETHING IS IN THE WAY.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I like Chris's videos but in the interest of accuracy, he said one thing that my experience with the SCD says otherwise... he said a thumb pressed against the SCD would keep the trigger from being pressed. My experience says that between a firm thumb against the SCD versus a strong pull on the trigger, the trigger wins. I believe a more accurate description is that with a thumb firmly pressed against the SCD, should the trigger move while re-holstering, your thumb will immediately feel it and signal a STOP - SOMETHING IS IN THE WAY.

Pressure on the right part of the SCD makes it less likely the trigger pressure can overcome the SCD. This is even more true if you combine the SCD with a NY1 trigger. In my experience anyway.

You make a valid point and people should pay attention to it. Like you, I noticed this when Chris mentioned it.

The SCD is a must for Glock in my opinion, but it’s not exactly like a hammer. It is a great invention.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    If I am not mistaken, that was the intent...not to block the movement, but to detect the issue...

I did the same with my issue M10, M66, Sig 229, and something similar with my 1911.

pat

Student
    Because I hate myself, I read all the comments I can find.
    If you've really been a naughty boy, Chris Baker's video was also posted on reddit's ccw page.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CCW/comment...t_the_tau_scd/

User Tag List