Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

I shot this again the other evening 4 times. It was late in the evening and the sun was off to my right and all my groups are off to the right. 3 with my G-17; 256, 266 & 279. 1 with my G-21: 260.

Name:  IMG_1290.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  37.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    G19 Gen 4, Trijicon HD sights. Freestyle. Federal Hydrashok 124gr.

Generally, if all the hits are on paper it's easier to count the points down than trying to add all the hits up. Rookie instructor (J/k)
    Last edited by Gio; 03-26-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Shot the drill again this morning.

PX4
    Freestyle

Ithaca 1911
    Freestyle

The biggest lesson may be that I need to go back to my 1911 and sell everything else! Interesting to me is that I got the same score at 15 yards, but was 26 points worse at 25 yards with the PX4. Maybe at the longer range the difference in sight radius, trigger, width of front sight, and trigger discipline are all magnified.

So far, this is the best DOW for me. I can't always shoot from a holster at my closest range but I can always put up a B8 repair center at 25 and 15. So, I can stop at my range more often when running errands, on the way home from work, etc and shoot this drill to see how well I can score in a variety of weather conditions and stress levels. I've taken three HiTS classes from Darryl and Wayne and the biggest two lessons I learned was being accountable for every shot and training to shoot well on demand whenever necessary. Shooting this drill more often in the midst of my daily life will help with both accountability and on demand performance.

I really like this test, it's making me do rhythm based shooting at speeds and distances I'm not well versed in.
    Finally got back out there to try it again - this time I shot (3) terrible FASTs and then did (2) 10 round groups at 7 yards to warm up my slowfire "skills" (lol)

First time around a few days ago I shot a 269 (a few pages back) this time I raised the bar slightly with a 278.

I really screwed the pooch on the first two strings at 15 yards, if I had a better point of aim I would not have put that cluster of (4) -2's up.

I'm going to keep this as part of my training routine, at least for the foreseeable future.

"I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

The 1911 trigger is a crutch. A tasty, tasty crutch.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Ran it again today with my issue M&P40 2.0. Much better than last week with a 286 Name:  image.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  24.1 KB

Site Supporter
    I love this drill and have shot it as a staple for nearly 10 years. On these runs, I was down five points each time at the 25 yard line and then went on to pull a 7 ring hit on both runs.

1. HK VP9 - Freestyle
    290/300

2. HK VP9 - Strong Hand Only
    281/300

Can't get the pics to upload for some reason, so if somebody wants them emailed/texted and will post them, I'd appreciate it.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Ran it again today with my issue M&P40 2.0. Much better than last week with a 286 Name:  image.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  24.1 KB
    That's a good run!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I love this drill and have shot it as a staple for nearly 10 years. On these runs, I was down five points each time at the 25 yard line and then went on to pull a 7 ring hit on both runs.

1. HK VP9 - Freestyle
    290/300

2. HK VP9 - Strong Hand Only
    281/300

[img]FBI #1 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]

[img]FBI #2 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Nice shooting Wayne!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

First time running the drill. I really like it! Shot it with my CCW G19, with Ameriglo Hackathorn sights. I think it's a 280/279 (depending if line cuts count).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List