Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

G19 Gen 4, Trijicon HD sights. Freestyle. Federal Hydrashok 124gr.

Site Supporter
    A 279??
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    A 279??
    Not sure if your question was for me... it's a 292. The instructor who scored it said the lower right hit was a double. It looked like only 29 hits at first but there's no way I missed the paper.

ETA: just double checked. Looks like a 277. The instructor counted 15 hits in the 9 ring but his math came out to 150 instead of 135... sigh. That's what I get for not double checking.

Last edited by El Cid; 03-24-2017 at 06:54 PM.

P30 V2
    Freestyle
    Things noticed: I went to fast. I need to put in some serious work on this as I really liked this drill and want to be able to shoot a better score. I hope to try this again soon and will try with different ammo next time to see if there's what the difference is if any (Magtech 115g this time). Thanks for posting this drill.

Name:  FBI Bullseye.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  76.0 KB

Shot this today and got a 281.

I've definitely let my 25 yard shooting lapse, but I really enjoyed shooting this as a trigger control drill. Pretty fun for only 30 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Not sure if your question was for me... it's a 292. The instructor who scored it said the lower right hit was a double. It looked like only 29 hits at first but there's no way I missed the paper.

ETA: just double checked. Looks like a 277. The instructor counted 15 hits in the 9 ring but his math came out to 150 instead of 135... sigh. That's what I get for not double checking.

That's still a solid run there!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Those are way cool targets, by the way. Is that the FBI version? I like the white corrugated, if that's what it is.
    Ignore Alien Orders

G19 gen 4
    Freestyle
    231 / 245 (Scores assume a -4 if on paper but outside 7 ring, 225/239 if it should count as a miss.)

My 25 yd groups were better, sort of. First attempt had a miss at 25 and a miss at 15. I let the 15 and 10 sec pars rush me and saw my 15 yd groups open up. Positives were overall misses went from 5 to 3. Got 10 hits at 25 yds on second attempt. Improvement areas are slow down at 15 yds. Keep working on trigger so I don't jerk/push when feeling time pressure.

Round 1

Name:  B81.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  25.5 KB

Round 2

25 yds

Name:  B821.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  25.4 KB

Name:  B82.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  25.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Those are way cool targets, by the way. Is that the FBI version? I like the white corrugated, if that's what it is.
    Yessir! Every time I've trained with them they use cardboard targets. They even have some coated in a thin wax for rainy weather.
    When I train on my own I like these as I can start with a bull and then use the rest for other drills.
    https://shop.actiontarget.com/conten...ion-target.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That's still a solid run there!
    Thank you sir! I just felt dumb for thinking it was something it's not. Lol! My best was about a year ago (285) with the same gun. I got a little excited thinking I had a new best.

User Tag List