Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

None of you guys have anything to be ashamed about. Its the guys who shoot it and dont post, or who refuse to shoot it (different than just cant get to it because of other priorities) that should be ashamed.

It also shows you that the accuracy standard for FBI instructors is not to shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    None of you guys have anything to be ashamed about. Its the guys who shoot it and dont post, or who refuse to shoot it (different than just cant get to it because of other priorities) that should be ashamed.

It also shows you that the accuracy standard for FBI instructors is not to shabby.
    I honestly don't think anyone needs to feel "ashamed" as long as they are making an effort to maintain or improve their skills...regardless of whether they post 'em up or not. I'd probably go further and say that even those who don't make the effort for one reason or another don't need to feel ashamed though one might legitimately question the basis for their interest in the site. (Simply taking issue with the chosen term, probably not so much the intent behind the statement.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I honestly don't think anyone needs to feel "ashamed" as long as they are making an effort to maintain or improve their skills...regardless of whether they post 'em up or not. I'd probably go further and say that even those who don't make the effort for one reason or another don't need to feel ashamed though one might legitimately question the basis for their interest in the site. (Simply taking issue with the chosen term, probably not so much the intent behind the statement.)
    Poor choice of words on my part.

Poor choice of words on my part.
    If you were an infallible wordsmith on top of your capabilities in other arenas I'd have to hate you much as "Doc" Holliday did Johnny Ringo.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Snuck out at lunch and shot this - warmed up with 3 very uninspiring 5 round groups at 25 yards.

Pistol used

HK P30L LEM w/TLR-1

Freestyle, strong hand only, or support hand only

Freestyle

Total score for all strings combined

Anything you noticed

I need to try this again and slow down, I finished every string with generous amounts of time left.

"I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    There are 300 possible points. Passing score for instructors shooting freestyle is 260. Passing score for instructors shooting strong or support hand only is 240. risk.
    Back when men were men at the FBI, instructor passing was 90% (270) and agent passing was 80% (240). So glad to see that lowering of standards continues...

Will be along in a couple of days with my efforts. I've shot a 296 on it in the past, but that was many years of youth ago. I believe that Paul Howe cleaned it when, as a CAG member, he attended FBI Firearms Instructor School at the Academy. Fired with a unit 1911.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 03-22-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Back when men were men at the FBI, instructor passing was 90% (270) and agent passing was 80% (240). So glad to see that lowering of standards continues...

Will be along in a couple of days with my efforts. I've shot a 296 on it in the past, but that was many years of youth ago. I believe that Paul Howe cleaned it when, as a CAG member, he attended FBI Firearms Instructor School at the Academy. Fired with a unit 1911.
    I don't know enough about the FBI's bullseye history to comment on any of that, but I will say, I've never met an FBI instructor that couldn't keep his points in the 280's minimum. Also, when I went through the school, only two guys failed and were kicked out. One was a federal police guy, and the other was a former teammate of Paul Howe's.

Southnarc
    Last edited by SLG; 03-22-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Highest I ever shot calm in practice was a 299 with a Beretta 92FS Inox. I think I shot a 293 demonstrating the drill for students (also a Beretta)... That was with the FBI dimensions - not a B-8. For those of you on the ragged edge of cleaning it... The FBI bullseye is NOT the same as a B-8. I believe the 10 and 9 rings are slightly larger with the same practical dimensions for the 8 ring.
    Last edited by SoCalDep; 03-23-2017 at 12:50 AM.

I don't know enough about the FBI's bullseye history to comment on any of that, but I will say, I've never met an FBI instructor that couldn't keep his points in the 280's minimum. Also, when I went through the school, only two guys failed and were kicked out. One was a federal police guy, and the other was a former teammate of Paul Howe's.

Southnarc

Sure enough I woke up this morning and you're still a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Sure enough I woke up this morning and you're still a dick.
    Nah, you missed this one last night. I think it was the first. I however, woke up this morning, still chuckling:-)

User Tag List