Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    That was a total 1-upping.

I will say, this course is one of the best drills available to develop and reinforce solid shooting fundamentals for a service pistol. It doesn't do much to help you shoot faster, but it will highlight any flaws you have in trigger control, grip, and sight alignment.
    Some details about the 1911 would be swell! Great shooting!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Gio shoots a Springfield Pro.

I'll say that I really don't care for the narrow sights that come on the Pro, but they are stellar for this kind of drill.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Well I am shaming myself by posting this with you guys, but here goes;

G17 MOS w/DPP
    Freestyle

I dropped 10 points at the 25 and the rest at 15. The 10 at 25 are my trigger control. The dropped points at 15 were mostly a result of not using the available time. Even on the 15 second strings I didn't use more than 8 seconds. As a side note, it was sleeting, snowing, and raining and although there was some rain on my lens of the optic, it didn't bother me much. Now this wasn't a driving heavy rain so that will make a difference.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post

G17 MOS w/DPP
    Freestyle

I dropped 10 points at the 25 and the rest at 15. The 10 at 25 are my trigger control. The dropped points at 15 were mostly a result of not using the available time. Even on the 15 second strings I didn't use more than 8 seconds. As a side note, it was sleeting, snowing, and raining and although there was some rain on my lens of the optic, it didn't bother me much. Now this wasn't a driving heavy rain so that will make a difference.
    Just wait til I post mine....

Here's a more modest run from this weekend. Glock 19, trijicon HD sights. I had a bad point of aim on the final string of 5 rounds in 10 seconds at the 15 and pushed two rounds into the 8 and one into the 9 high, dropping my total score below 290. I had 5 10's, 4 9's, and 1 8 at the 25 yard line.

Name:  IMG_2632.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  23.0 KB
    Last edited by Gio; 03-19-2017 at 02:01 PM.

9mm Springfield Range Officer
    Haven't done much group shooting with irons much lately, dropped 23 points on my first attempt. I was snatching the shit out of the trigger.

Worked accuracy for the rest of the practice session and ran it again at the end. Dropped 8 points, all in the black.

Best accuracy came with a focus on grip and straight trigger pull. Not really new info, but good to reinforce things.

I've also been working on learning to shoot with both eyes open while holding a front sight focus. Still needs some work, but I'm making progress. However, I have noticed that it is much easier to track the front sight and see the whole recoil arc.
    Last edited by busdriver; 03-19-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Hammertime

Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

G3G19L Warren-Sevigney sights: 242, two complete misses

G4G19, Defoor sights: 235, three complete misses.

This is pretty typical shooting for me, maybe a touch worse than usual due to deadlifts the day prior and some light pressing this day so my forearms were smoked. It is all trigger control and I am working on it. I just don't seem to be seeing much progress with lots of dry and live fire over the past five months where I have dedicated myself to improvement of my pistol shooting.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 03-21-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Glock 19 w/ Proctor Y-Notch sights and SSVI Tyr trigger

Freestyle

256 if I counted correctly (1 completely off B8)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LJP; 03-21-2017 at 01:41 PM.

I used my old original Gen 2 Glock 17. This pistol probably has upwards of 100,000 rounds through it.
    Freestyle
    Score 272. The 25 yard hits are circled
    This old pistol is still viable.

Name:  IMG_1289.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  89.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Don't worry - I'll get out to run this drill shortly and make you look good.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

User Tag List