Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Kevin B has been discussing "contextualized" shooting with me a good bit lately. I've started to connect the dots on his advocacy of this drill, the 300 Aggregate and the Humbler for instilling the ability to stick to good fundamentals under some time pressure; albeit a level of precision and time pressure different that shooting one of our hyper speed 7 yards drills.

So take this DoW as a for instance. Some slow fire but 2/3s are under a time constraint with the requirement of very good execution of the fundamentals to stay in the black.

This was my first attempt to contextualize this type of shooting. I'm not trying to shoot a hostage rescue shot here, I just used what was handy to simulate a target using cover, inspired by the drills at Gabe White school where we shot from cover, assumed a BG also using cover; which was also applied in our shooting and moving exercises.

I had no pre-set assumptions about how fast to shoot these in. I just shot to my sights and my trigger press. This was my last run with the LB Operator. My first one was educational as I could see a bad press move the front sight off my very tight non-standard target on a couple shots. The leftover cardboard I was cannibalizing was so shot up I started over with a clean target.

So I'm trying to use these controlled precision exercises like this DoW to develop the patience to shoot contextualized challenges with some modicum of success.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    Last edited by JHC; 04-17-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List