Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The 1911 trigger is a crutch. A tasty, tasty crutch.
    It is and I'm presently of the mind that I am going to crutch the hell out it this year.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Glock 34 w/ 147 grn bayou

Score: 278

I had one bad miss at 25 that was off the paper. I'm stoked with this. I've never shot that well from 25 before.

Also I only used like 8 seconds on all the timed attempts. I was worried about going over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I ran this twice today. Beretta PX4 Compact Carry two handed from the high ready using Blazer Brass 124gr.
    My first attempt was shot cold. It's actually been 3-4 weeks since I have fired a live round. I've been dry firing regularly but I don't get out to the range as much as I'd like to. On my first attempt, I missed the paper twice on the 25 yard string. This was disappointing but not all together unexpected. I'm more likely than not to miss the paper once or twice on a 10 round string of fire at 25y. My skill just isn't at the level where I can consistently hit the B8 10 out of 10 times.
    Name:  1st Attempt 25.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  53.3 KB
    The 15 yard strings went fairly well for a total score of 256.
    Name:  1st Attempt Final.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  54.2 KB
    My second attempt was at the end of my range session. I managed to put all 10 on paper and got very cocky in my excitement. This would come back to bite me as you'll see in a moment.
    Name:  2nd Attempt 25.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  51.1 KB
    I missed the paper four times during the 15y strings. Once during the first 15 second string and three times during the 10 second strings. Final score: an embarrassing 228.
    Name:  2nd Attempt Final.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  52.6 KB

I've always struggled with using my time properly on a times string of fire. At 25y, I knew I basically had all day so I'd shoot a pair DA/SA, decock, bring the gun back in, take a breath, and repeat. My 15 second strings and my 10 second strings were done at the same rate (7.xx seconds). That's a ton of time I'm giving up on the 15s strings. Both groups at the end of the course are also biased towards the right. I'm still getting used to the PX4 (350 rounds total so far after today's range session) and that might have something to do with it. The 25y strings were fairly centered. It was the 15y strings that seemed to push right. If you took my group at the end of the second run and moved it an inch and a half to the left, the score would have been decent. All in all, a great course of fire that showed me a ton of things I need to work on. I'll be shooting it again.

I'm not much of a goal guy, but I want to all black this son of a bitch in the worst way.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I'm not much of a goal guy, but I want to all black this son of a bitch in the worst way.
    My sentiments exactly..It just looks WRONG with shots in the white.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Agree. Then move on the 300 aggregate (similiar but all 25 yards).
    Last edited by JHC; 04-10-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Never a perfect run... This was my second run, found I had to lollipop at 25 to punch X's. First run was 287. Yes, using a 9mm 2011. Sometimes equipment does matter!

Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (modified)

Pistol used: Smith & Wesson M&P40
    Freestyle
    Total score for all strings combined: 271
    Anything you noticed:

Tough day today - wind was blowing me around pretty good. This pistol seems to shoot a tad high with the load I am using. A true 6 o'clock hold still hits a bit high, so at 25 yards I have to use a kind of sub-6 o'clock, so it is hard to get a good reference point and I seem to string vertically at that distance. Threw one high out of the scoring ring from 25 yards.

IMG_0343 by John, on Flickr

Freestyle
    G4 G19 Ameriglo Bold orange
    JRC CDA AIWB II
    S&B 115 gr

Freestyle
    G4 G19 HD Trijicon orange
    JRC CDA AIWB II
    194 HD Trijicon (too high POI given POA like Ameriglo, will re-run) lots of left shots.
    210 shooting lower now that I dropped the POA to just the bottom of the black.

Things I noticed: I can't shoot slow. If I spend more than 2 seconds on a shot, it's going to be a bigger problem. I ran every phase WAY under the par time.

After being very disappointed with my performance on the HDs, I checked them and noted that they were a smidge off. I had my MGW, so I drifted them right just the tiniest bit and voila. Here's my last 10 shots to a 5" target. 5 of the S&B and 5 147 Winchester JHP.

Last shot is 6 o'clock as noted by the marker. Now they're both shooting relatively the same way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaiHu; 04-14-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

@BaiHu

Take a close look at your front sight and make sure it's not slightly twisted in the slide and that it's perfectly parallel to the slide.

User Tag List