Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Hammertime
    Ran it three more times:
    P320C stock sights, 254 one miss.

New to me P2000 V2 LEM stock sights, 188

I really suck with this trigger. Pulled a lot low and seven completely off target. All during timed fire. The faster I had to shoot the lower I threw them. In fairness these are pretty much my first rounds through the gun.

Glock G19L G3 Warren Sights, 262 with only one miss.

Requires 6:00 hold. In contrast to the HK, I seemed to hit better in timed fire.

I did run it again today. I may need to break down and drift the sights a little. After this, I worked a lot on follow through and I will run it yet again.

268 with an inexcusable yip.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Freestyle
    Glock 34 Gen 3

85/100 for the 25 yard portion, 184/200 for the 15 yards.

Can't consistently shoot 90+/100 at 25 which is irritating.

Had 1 out of the black for the first 15 at 15, which I was happy with, then managed to screw up the final string of 5 at 15 in 10.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 04-01-2017 at 12:13 PM.

G19 gen 4
    Freestyle
    3 runs - 256 / 255(261) / 238(242) - Scores depend on if a hit on paper in the '6' ring count as 4 down or as a miss. How is this typically scored if on the paper but outside the 7 ring?

The past two weeks I've spent the bulk of my dry firing time on a scaled to 25 yd 8" circle from Modern Service weapons. It seems to be paying off. I've yet to hit my goal of 30 rds on paper but misses are down and groups are tighter. Still not where I want to be but better than 2 weeks ago.

Managed to get 3 runs in today. The third round was the worst. I think fatigue was setting in combined with feeling the pressure of running out of time on my lane. I'm still not using all my time on the 15 sec strings, still have about a 1.5 seconds to use.

1st run

Name:  B81.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  30.1 KB

2nd run

Name:  B82.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  30.0 KB

3rd run

Name:  B83.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  31.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Ran this yesterday with a new (to me) G19 that I picked up from another forum member. First time shooting the gun and figured I'd run this to see what things looked like; I've noticed that the rear sight isn't in the center of the slide which is not uncommon from what I've seen in benching my other Glocks so I didn't think much of it. Outcome is the rear sight definitely needs pushing to the right as it's printing left at even 7 yards but it was going to be a quick hit at the range so I didn't have a bag or sight pusher with me yesterday. I'll get it adjusted and shoot things again, hopefully posting a real score or even just all 30 hits on paper next time. Abysmal for today score-wise but I can't say I'm terribly displeased with the group (orange box in the pic are results of the drill, yellow circle are holes from another string shot at 7 yards to check POI). Looks like if I drift to the right I should be able to keep most everything on paper save for the really low chili dipper at the bottom.

Name:  FBI Qual.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  26.5 KB
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Slamfiring this DOTW it seems, either way, doubt I'll top this.

"I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

At it once again with mixed results.

G19 Freestyle
    2 runs with scores of 243 & 258

1st run ended up with 3 misses on the 4 min string. Other than that remaining rounds were 7 ring or better. Not happy about the 3 misses but glad to keep the remaining shots in a decent group.

2nd run was a first for me. All 30 rounds landed on paper, all but 2 in 7 ring or better.

I noticed a bias to the left in past targets and in dry firing noticed that my grip tends to push the front sight left a little bit. Focused today on even light on both sides of front sight. Also, the current thread on dry firing has a discussion about the speed of trigger pull. At 25 yds I can be so slow on trigger pull that I have to stop and reset due to taking too long. So also focused on a consistent, speedier pull through the resistance of the trigger. The even light focus definitely helped as shots are more evenly distributed. I can't see where a little bit more speed on the trigger was detrimental. Groups today were as good as or better than past groups.

Name:  B81.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  B82.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  24.4 KB

Gen 4 G17
    Freestyle from JM V3 IWB (missed the part about ready start, oops)
    277/300
    Shot pretty fast, especially considering I was drawing too. I need more discipline.
    A lot of my misses were low. I just switched 17's and I'm thinking there may be a slight POI difference between them even though sights are identical.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Took a brain break from homework and ran out to the desert to shoot this.

I sucked.

Beretta 92A1, Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ. Freestyle.

85/100 at 25. First string at 15, I freaked out about not making the shots in the par time and ripped them off in under 7(!) seconds. All missed the paper low and left. Stupid, you've got 15 seconds to shoot 5 rounds. That's 3 seconds per round. Take your time, breathe, use the trigger instead of slapping it silly, and try using the sights. 14/15 on paper, 124/150 for those three strings, a pathetic 124/200 for all four 15 yard strings.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  44.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  28.9 KB

Total of 209. Gonna have to shoot it again sometime. Won't be for a couple of weeks, though.
    Last edited by Duelist; 04-08-2017 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Add photos

With my need for speed sated last weekend in Gabe White school I returned to my 1911s, in this case my new SA LB Operator. I may be hooked on that Operator frame. Even with the heavy 18.5 lb recoil spring it shoots soft.

I lost most of those points on my first of the 10 second runs. Scoring got tough on a single target. Probably between 280-284.

Name:  LBO FBI mod bullseye1.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  49.3 KB
    Last edited by JHC; 04-09-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List