Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Week 208: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Results may be posted until April 17th, 2017.

Range: 25 and 15 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Ready
    Rounds Fired: 30

This will be an accuracy-oriented test suitable for ranges that don't allow holsters or rapid fire.

---

Kevin B., thank you once again for your contributions to the Drill of the Week!

Note from Kevin B.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B.
    The FBI has its own target but it is dimensionally identical to a B-8.
    ---

Start at ready for all strings. Shooter's choice of freestyle, strong hand only, or support hand only - whatever you select, shoot that way on all strings.

At 25 yards, shoot 10 rounds to the B8. Time limit 4 minutes.

At 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit 15 seconds.

Repeat the last string - at 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit 15 seconds.

At 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit is 10 seconds.

Repeat the last string - at 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit is 10 seconds.

---

There are 300 possible points. Passing score for instructors shooting freestyle is 260. Passing score for instructors shooting strong or support hand only is 240.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol used
    Freestyle, strong hand only, or support hand only
    Total score for all strings combined
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

SA Pro Operator.

Freestyle

Glock 17 Gen 4

I noticed that I still can't clean this damn thing.

Going back out in a minute to shoot some more.

299 freestyle. 1911

Best glock score is a 294 with G26.

Name:  IMG_5135.jpg
Views: 2654
Size:  36.5 KB
    Last edited by Gio; 03-17-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Wilson Combat Protector Elite 1911 (detailed here)

Freestyle

All four hits outside of the bull were at the 25 yard line. I went way too fast on these too - really should have slowed down and taken some extra time. I found squinting a bit helped with my sight picture.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    299 freestyle. 1911

Best glock score is a 294 with G26.
    Bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Bastard.
    That was a total 1-upping.

I will say, this course is one of the best drills available to develop and reinforce solid shooting fundamentals for a service pistol. It doesn't do much to help you shoot faster, but it will highlight any flaws you have in trigger control, grip, and sight alignment.
    Last edited by Gio; 03-17-2017 at 07:52 PM.

That was a total 1-upping.
    I don't think I've ever shot better than a 298 on this course, though a 295 with the Glock makes me happy. One day I will clean it, but I may have to get you to shoot it for me!

I will say, this course is one of the best drills available to develop and reinforce solid shooting fundamentals for a service pistol. It doesn't do much to help you shoot faster, but it will highlight any flaws you have in trigger control, grip, and sight alignment.
    Completely agree.
    C Class shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I don't think I've ever shot better than a 298 on this course, though a 295 with the Glock makes me happy. One day I will clean it, but I may have to get you to shoot it for me!
    The frustrating thing about that 299 was the first round I fired was the 9 ring. The next 29 were 10's...

Clearly not in the same league as you guys...

G19 gen 4
    Freestyle
    244 / 241 (I think, math is hard with groups like this)

Learned from the first string at 25 that a lower hold at distance is required. Seven of the first 10 hit at the top of 7 & 8 ring. I also need to learn about ballistics. This pistol seems to need a lower hold than with the G26, especially with 147 gr. Why that is I need to learn. With aging eyes, fuzzy sites and fuzzy target, a drill the dot hold is easier to manage. Couldn't make drill the dot work beyond 3 yds today.

While not happy with today's results I'm not entirely disappointed. I would have been satisfied with all 30 rds hitting the paper. A total of 5 missed. Not good. I was encouraged though to see that my hold adjustment worked in that the remaining strings were more in the black.

I think I'm going to work at this distance more both at the range and dry fire. I was surprised at how big the target looked at 15 yds. And while 15 secs initially seemed too short I ended up with time left over so there's some time to slow down and do better.

Short term goal will be 30 hits on paper, then 30 in the 8 ring. An aggressive, longer term goal will be 30 in the 9 ring.

Drill 1 w/ Lawman 147 gr

Name:  B8147.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  26.2 KB

Drill 2 w/ Geco 124 gr

Name:  B8124.jpg
Views: 1841
Size:  26.7 KB

User Tag List