Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Department history

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Damn communist agitators!!!
    When you've only got collective begging instead of collective bargaining, sometimes you get a little showy.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    When you've only got collective begging instead of collective bargaining, sometimes you get a little showy.
    I hear ya. We didn't and couldn't have unions or such. The only quasi representation we were able to get was via FLEOA, (a professional organization for agents and fed law enforcement), and some of us joined the PBA for the legal representation in case we ever found ourselves needing such.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

tag for later...
    Last edited by Gadfly; 03-20-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

U.S. Customs - Ellis Island 1905

Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  15.2 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Before my time, but for those who think the '70's were cool, check out the floor mats. Actually it's kind of cool because some cop tried to make life better, to wit the steering wheel cover (my dad had those in every car he owned). For those who think the '70's were uncool, check out the 140mph speedometer.
    Before you get too excited about 140 mph speedometers, please note two things about '70's vintage police cars. 1. Bias ply tires. 2. You had 2 maybe 3 stops before the brakes got hot and no longer worked so good...

We had some '76 Plymouth Fury's and Pontiac Le Mans patrol cars when I started. Equipped similarly to the one shown. Ithaca 37's instead of 870's.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Before you get too excited about 140 mph speedometers, please note two things about '70's vintage police cars. 1. Bias ply tires. 2. You had 2 maybe 3 stops before the brakes got hot and no longer worked so good...

We had some '76 Plymouth Fury's and Pontiac Le Mans patrol cars when I started. Equipped similarly to the one shown. Ithaca 37's instead of 870's.

Totally agree about the speedometer. It might've gone 140 in a straight line, just don't even think about turning or stopping.

Site Supporter
    No pictures but a little history from my agency.

In the 1980s the Chief then was arrested for stealing items from K-Mart. He must not have been prosecuted, but apparently it was clear he was guilty. The organization just chalked it up to job related stress and reinstated him. lol

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    1896 department photographs:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/prp48/...7656428671158/

Those glorious, glorious mustaches...

You can see the individual photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/prp48/...h/20194412330/
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 03-20-2017 at 09:22 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I think I only saw three guys without a stache. How things have changed. I'm one of the few with one.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List