Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying Habits

Something else that should be illegal - buying 1 ticket on a flight and then being so obese that you don't fit in your own seat with the armrest down.

Q: "Excuse me GL, would you mind if I raised the armrest so my blubber can spill over onto your seat?"

A: Yes. Why yes I do.

I did relent once for a dude that literally was sitting on two armrests with 0 chance of getting his gargantuan ass between them. I let him hover there for a few minutes suffering in non-presumptive silence then offered to raise the arm.

I have logged lots of air miles and in general I am over it. Flight attendant, I paid for 1 full sardine can seat and I'm not accepting .7 seats because large Marge next to me can't stop feeding his/her face and is to cheap to buy 2 seats.

I had a flight one day with two huge dudes in the last row of a plan and an open middle seat. Yes I am lean. They both looked at me expectantly. I re-looked at my ticket which had the aisle row I almost always get. I pointed to the aisle seat and the shook their heads. I shook my head and pointed at the seat again. Same response. I gave them 'the look'. The aisle seat guy then moved to the middle and there was overlap between window and aisle flesh, and then on to the aisle seat.

I got into the aisle seat. At least I could lean out into the aisle.

Hey, 2 guys could have colluded and bought half an extra seat each and it would have been good.

If you do this, and are offended, good. So am I.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    People who pay feel the need to pay by check at the supermarket. Usually, they take an exorbitant amount of time to complete. It's not 1977 anymore.
    I agree, but with the new credit card "chip readers" I'm beginning to think I could write a check faster than that thing can read my card.

Sent from my Smith-Corona using QWERTY

I really dislike chip readers
    ---------------------------------------------

My grandmother was one of my most favorite people. She was a true lady and I loved her dearly but she did have one habit that I found most annoying. She'd always pay in cash and would dig through her purse to pay in exact change. In exasperation, one day I finally said "It's faster to just let the girl give you change!"

Yes, I got The Look. Yes, although I was a full grown man raising children of my own, it froze my blood. She then went back to searching her purse for exact change and I never again brought up the subject
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-24-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post

My grandmother was one of my most favorite people. She was a true lady and I loved her dearly but she did have one habit that I found most annoying. She'd always pay in cash and would dig through her purse to pay in exact change. In exasperation, one day I finally said "It's faster to just let the girl give you change!"

Yes, I got The Look. Yes, although I was a full grown man raising children of my own, it froze my blood. She then went back to searching her purse for exact change and I never again brought up the subject
    Gads. I despise carrying change around or messing with it in line, partly because its common to only go to town once a week or less. As soon as I get in the truck heading home the change gets tossed in the trucks door pocket, or when I get home, in a peanut butter jar. Laundry quarters get filtered out, the rest gets turned in to the bank to be machine counted once a year or so and made into real money. Really hate messing with change. When paying library fines, which is for about everything I borrow, I always give them the rest for their booze fund.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    You are correct.

White, cotton socks.
    Wow, just.........wow.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Aww man, you're the one spitting daggers at me on the flight huh? The view is great and it's the only chance I get to see it.
    Knock yourself out on a domestic. On transoceanics, a) most people are trying to sleep. b) It's white, or blue.

I bring eyeshades, though, so it's whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    People who pay feel the need to pay by check at the supermarket. Usually, they take an exorbitant amount of time to complete. It's not 1977 anymore.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    I use checks, but try to have them ready for the amount be filled in by the time its available. Carbons under the checks reduce the time factor also, the register can be caught up later.

People who talk excessively about themselves. To the point you think that the interaction no longer qualifies as a conversation and the person just rambles on and on about what they do or what they have or whatever.

Oversharing narcissists on social media

BTW, it seems like all girls named "Alexa" qualify for this category.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post

Depending, this can make sense.

Case in point: I worked in the UK a number of years. It turns out that the smallest Bank Note they had was 5 Pounds. Now, at 1.80 UK Pound for a pint of best bitter, you can actually scrape up the "change" for a decent night out, if you are careful.

Moreover, the 1 Pound coins were manufactured such that they were very thick and heavy, relative to other coins. So you really didn't want to accumulate more of the bloody things than you needed, because they were so heavy. Same for the 2 pound coins.

So most of us that worked there acquired small leather change purses and got pretty good at managing "change".

User Tag List