Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Gear New Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Cool - I'm envious. This will be my first non-George holster. Trying one of his Wing Claw 2.5 rigs. Hoping its just right for my skinny bod and a SIG P938.
    Funny, because Tony was writing me to tell me that the Wing Claw 2.5 I had ordered wouldn't work for the 3" 686+ I intended it for so he's going to go another route. (I also have a "George" which I'll be donning in a moment to head out the door for a bit. )

The other holster he'll be sending along is an original Wing Claw based design for the G17 with a mounted Streamlight TLR-1 HL. (Enhanced with input he's received from SLG who has been wearing one with his laser equipped Streamlight.)

It's all good.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

That is interesting. Wonder if its simply a revolver thing. I ordered the long version of the WC 2.5 for the 938 given the short barrel length combined with the light weight of the weapon, even loaded. I'm out in the natural world quite a bit hiking and wandering about with the dogs. The George has always been a good performer for me with 3 different handguns but I decided I wanted to try something new & improved This will also be my first brand new JMCK holster, my George holsters were all purchased second hand.

I'm actually markin' a calendar off daily... how f'd up is that?! Get up, make coffee, pour first cup, make a mark on the calendar. Twenty one and a wake up...

For the life of me I can't understand people's fascination with this company's holsters. Just another half-assed hybrid design and severely over-priced. The customers ordering this stuff seem to think the price reflects some kind of superior quality.

"Oh but it's vented to prevent sweat!" I've never sweat through an Alien Gear, though I did sweat through a Crossbreed. In the end though, the previously referenced article about hybrid holsters is dead-on.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

One thing I will have to say for Stealth Gear is their service is top shelf. While their holsters are not for me, they handled my return without any objections, asked for and received my input on the holster, and processed my return expeditiously. I found their customer service very professional and courteous.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    $109

JM Custom, CCC, or Mastermind = cheaper, better, #WINNING

I saw this yesterday. I am still laughing at it.

Yeah quality holsters can be found for cheaper than these stealth holsters folks. A CCC Uno, or Mastermind Tactics can be had for like 50 bucks. I have both. They both rock.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    sagging sweat shield that blocks the holster mouth."
    Yeah, luckily I haven't seen this with my Crossbreed after several years, but the second that thing goes floppy, it's gone. It has definitely molded to my body, but so far, it's still stiff. Whether I replace it with a JMCK/JRC hybrid, a "normal" IWB from JMCK or CCC, or a JMCK or CCC AIWB when the time comes remains to be decided, but it'll almost certainly be one of those. Stealth Gear isn't even in consideration. I'm just too much of a tightwad to throw the Crossbreed in the trash while it's still serviceable.

Not a lot of love for Stealthgear. I get it. I'm wearing a JM kydex for my px4cc right now. Very happy. Probably should have gotten a mid guard but that's okay. The pricing on Stealthgear used to be better with free shipping and their 20% of sales. Less so with their newer prices. The sweat shield hasn't sagged on me. I find it more comfortable than kydex, and it's not bulky or heavy. And they have a lot of options. For those who have tried and and didn't like it, as said, they have great customer service and you're not out of money. I also don't think it's fair to just knock a product because of preconceived biases unless you've tried it. That's like saying, why put on a gadget, that's dumb.

Maybe I'm a douche or a sucker, or both. I can't outshoot my guns. I'm not Leo or military, well I was but not like an 11B. Just a guy looking to suck up info from this forum, and pass on my own thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Here is an article that points out the two primary reasons I've heard as to why a hybrid holster may be a suboptimal choice. Taken from Greg Ellifritz's blog:

"I’ve written about hybrid holsters before. I don’t like them at all. While they may be comfortable, I’ve seen significant problems with them in my training classes. The hybrids that use some type of neoprene backing will occasionally “lock up” when the shooter is trying to draw. The neoprene is so flexible that pressure from the body pushes through the backer and collapses it up against the gun. The pressure from the shooter’s own fat or muscle tissue drives the gun into the kydex shell and makes it difficult to draw under stress or when shooters attempt to draw while moving.

The hybrid holsters with the leather backer tend to lose retention over time. The overly large leather sweat shields start to droop. I can’t tell you how many shooters I see who initiate their re-holstering process by pointing the muzzle of their guns at themselves while lifting up a sagging sweat shield that blocks the holster mouth."
    I like what Ellifritz writes, but I disagree with this. I've used a Comptac Minotaur more or less daily for 5 years. It's not neoprene and it hasn't lost retention (unlike some other hybrid models it has tension screws and a rubber thingy to keep tension). Even though I've sweated through the leather I haven't had a problem with the leather drooping.

I have a bunch of other holsters (including some on the 'approved' P-F list - the forum is sorta elitist when i comes to holsters, by the way) but I prefer the Minotaur. It conceals well and is tuckable if you need that and it is very comfortable.

I'll agree with chingy98 and blackhatter that there are better ways of lauding the work of those whose work we have come to respect without denigrating the honest work of others.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blackhatter View Post
    I like what Ellifritz writes, but I disagree with this. I've used a Comptac Minotaur more or less daily for 5 years. It's not neoprene and it hasn't lost retention (unlike some other hybrid models it has tension screws and a rubber thingy to keep tension). Even though I've sweated through the leather I haven't had a problem with the leather drooping.

I have a bunch of other holsters (including some on the 'approved' P-F list - the forum is sorta elitist when i comes to holsters, by the way) but I prefer the Minotaur. It conceals well and is tuckable if you need that and it is very comfortable.
    That's fair, and it sounds like there are some models that are executed well. I guess the examples I've heard others recommending in the past universally tended to be poorly designed and constructed, but you and others have shared some decent options. i guess it's like AIWB holsters where not all are created equally.

User Tag List