Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Gear New Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Stealth is a good name for it because they're not even on my radar. HEY OHHHHHHHHHH!
    what you did there....

I see it
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    And mastermind tactics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, grasshopper, they were already listed. But that's not to say they don't deserve a second.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Here is an article that points out the two primary reasons I've heard as to why a hybrid holster may be a suboptimal choice. Taken from Greg Ellifritz's blog:

"I’ve written about hybrid holsters before. I don’t like them at all. While they may be comfortable, I’ve seen significant problems with them in my training classes. The hybrids that use some type of neoprene backing will occasionally “lock up” when the shooter is trying to draw. The neoprene is so flexible that pressure from the body pushes through the backer and collapses it up against the gun. The pressure from the shooter’s own fat or muscle tissue drives the gun into the kydex shell and makes it difficult to draw under stress or when shooters attempt to draw while moving.

The hybrid holsters with the leather backer tend to lose retention over time. The overly large leather sweat shields start to droop. I can’t tell you how many shooters I see who initiate their re-holstering process by pointing the muzzle of their guns at themselves while lifting up a sagging sweat shield that blocks the holster mouth."
    Last edited by scw2; 03-16-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Stealth is a good name for it because they're not even on my radar. HEY OHHHHHHHHHH!
    I yelled "hey ohhhhhh!" In my mind.
    Thank you for that :-)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Here is an article that points out the two primary reasons I've heard as to why a hybrid holster may be a suboptimal choice. Taken from Greg Ellifritz's blog:

"I’ve written about hybrid holsters before. I don’t like them at all. While they may be comfortable, I’ve seen significant problems with them in my training classes. The hybrids that use some type of neoprene backing will occasionally “lock up” when the shooter is trying to draw. The neoprene is so flexible that pressure from the body pushes through the backer and collapses it up against the gun. The pressure from the shooter’s own fat or muscle tissue drives the gun into the kydex shell and makes it difficult to draw under stress or when shooters attempt to draw while moving.

The hybrid holsters with the leather backer tend to lose retention over time. The overly large leather sweat shields start to droop. I can’t tell you how many shooters I see who initiate their re-holstering process by pointing the muzzle of their guns at themselves while lifting up a sagging sweat shield that blocks the holster mouth."
    All of this is true, and repeatable. What's worse is given the construction they're less than durable. I absolutely hate hybrids but if one must go that route the JRC/JM ain't all that bad of a way to go. You're gonna pay and wait but such is life when you want something nice that's a niche product.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I'm drinking the DSG koolaid and finding it mighty tasty. None better.

I bought a Stealthgear AIWB for a Glock 43. Could not get it to work for me , single clip.. double clips. No dice.

Quote Originally Posted by James_f View Post
    I bought a Stealthgear AIWB for a Glock 43. Could not get it to work for me , single clip.. double clips. No dice.
    I tried one, too, with similar results. Didn't care for the bulk and re-holstering was an issue.

I'm 3 weeks out on a JMCK and jonesin' as I go

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    I tried one, too, with similar results. Didn't care for the bulk and re-holstering was an issue.

I'm 3 weeks out on a JMCK and jonesin' as I go
    I got an email from Tony today reference my order...soooo...I'm guessing Soon™ applies.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I got an email from Tony today reference my order...soooo...I'm guessing Soon™ applies.
    Cool - I'm envious. This will be my first non-George holster. Trying one of his Wing Claw 2.5 rigs. Hoping its just right for my skinny bod and a SIG P938.

User Tag List