Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Modern Derringer?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The G26 is for some reason, more accurate for me in untimed slow fire than my G34.

Not for rapid strings at moderate to far distance, bit that baby Glock seems like it punches above it's weight class.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I've found this to be the case as well. Folks have attributed this to the tighter lockup of the shorter slide + dual recoil spring (difference now attenuated somewhat with the dual springs being standard in all Gen 4s)

And yeah, I say this in every G26 thread, but they're probably my sleeper favorite of the Glock lineup. Very shootable as noted by many here, and also highly versatile. Throw on a +2 baseplate and you suddenly have a bobtailed Glock 19.

These threads always remind me that I need to buy a backup to my 26. I'll poke around for good deals on gunbroker this summer.

So I may have missed it within the several G26 threads but for those of you who have been with the 19 for a long time, is the size reduction that drastic?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    So I may have missed it within the several G26 threads but for those of you who have been with the 19 for a long time, is the size reduction that drastic?
    Yes and no. For the majority of my carry needs (strong side OWB or IWB with a moderate-heavy cover garment) there's not much difference. In the summer, IWB under a T-shirt, there's a difference. And, of course, the G26 is just barely workable on the ankle, the G19, fuggedaboudit.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Yes and no. For the majority of my carry needs (strong side OWB or IWB with a moderate-heavy cover garment) there's not much difference. In the summer, IWB under a T-shirt, there's a difference. And, of course, the G26 is just barely workable on the ankle, the G19, fuggedaboudit.
    Concur on all counts. While I can carry the 19 in most clothing, the 26 is a difference maker in some situations. And I found it to be a great replacement for my old S&W M36 for ankle carry in a Galco Ankle Glove when I made the switch in the mid 90's.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    A few months back we had the shooters at our range session engage a popper (set to not fall) at 100 yards. The point was to show them they can effectively hit people at that distance if necessary. We started with rifles but then we had them do it with their handguns. One shooter was using her G26 and rang the steel every shot. While my 26 is a BUG I'd be quite comfortable carrying it as primary if I needed. Especially knowing that the reloads would be 17+2 mags.
    My glock 27 at a 100 yards. Big fun. My favorite and most carried glock. The little glock just works best for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The G26 is for some reason, more accurate for me in untimed slow fire than my G34.

Not for rapid strings at moderate to far distance, bit that baby Glock seems like it punches above it's weight class.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Same for me, gen 4 G26 is the most accurate glock I own - especially when time is not a factor.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My experience exactly, except sub strongside IWB for AIWB, and I don't mess with ankle stuff because I know I am more likely to trip over myself than to use an ankle holster effectively...

Site Supporter
    Interesting how I never hear about brass-to-face with the Gen4 G26's, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Interesting how I never hear about brass-to-face with the Gen4 G26's, for whatever reason.
    I don't get it with the Gen2.5, fwiw.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I've seen one Gen 4 26 with BTF / FTE issues at work.

User Tag List