Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Modern Derringer?

Post Modern Derringer?

Shot my Gen 4 G26 today. Way better than my original, but still not my cup of tea. However, for a small brute, it packs a lot. Probably a better contender for the modern derringer title.

At 50 yards it was quite shootable, and at 7 it handled really well. It may become a backup, if I can get that sliding sleeve holster to work.

Trying to write like the Pres. Sorry.

SLG, if you don't mind...since you own the same prior version that I own...would you outline the enhancements and features that make it superior?
    (I may need a bit of prodding to get off the mark...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"Post Modern Derringer;" yes, quite fitting, appropriate terminology for the wee beastie.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-15-2017 at 07:57 PM.

If I had to live in a 10 round state, I don't think I'd worry about carrying the 26. A 225 would make me smile more, but the little g is pretty easy to shoot, and certainly has an aura of business about it.

A few months back we had the shooters at our range session engage a popper (set to not fall) at 100 yards. The point was to show them they can effectively hit people at that distance if necessary. We started with rifles but then we had them do it with their handguns. One shooter was using her G26 and rang the steel every shot. While my 26 is a BUG I'd be quite comfortable carrying it as primary if I needed. Especially knowing that the reloads would be 17+2 mags.

Blues - everything you love about your Gen4 G17 translates to the G26 as well - slightly smaller grip, better magazine release, arguably better trigger, likely slightly more accurate. I've owned lots of baby Glocks over the years, my Gen4 G26 is the only one that's ever stuck with me.

However, if you're happy with your older model G26, I don't know that you'll gain anything that's so mind-blowing that you'll slap yourself for not getting one sooner...

As I've said before, the big thing for me with the gen 4 is the smaller backstrap hump. Still not ideal, but way better nonetheless. I also like the overall features of the gen 4 better, so I simply prefer it. Not worth getting one if you like the earlier versions.

Site Supporter
    Also appreciable vs your modern derringer thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I took an Insights more advanced handgun class with a G26. I was scolded a bit for not having a bigger gun but that's what I could afford at the time. I was equal to the rest of the class in most exercises. They are good guns - now for the higher level folks, YMMV. I shoot it decently in IDPA matches also. Since it is a convenient carry gun - it's one of my most common carries. I like to carry the 19 but the 26 works for me.

I do like the J's - my 642 and 432 are just fine. I didn't like a 317 - horrible trigger.

Site Supporter
    The G26 is for some reason, more accurate for me in untimed slow fire than my G34.

Not for rapid strings at moderate to far distance, bit that baby Glock seems like it punches above it's weight class.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List