Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RFI Hunting Revolvers

CC1984,

Those RimRocks look good. I am not casting. The ones I am using are from a batch from Penn Bullets I bought a while back. Great bullets but I could never recommend them due to the horrible experience I had in dealing with the guy. From reading up on the interwebs, I was not the only one.

One thing to keep in mind is that full wadcutters suffer accuracy wise as the ranges get extended. If you are keeping your shots 50 yards and under, no worries. For an all around hunting load, the 240/250 SWC and 10 grains Unique is probably the single best choice, as I have yet to find a .44 that won't shoot it accurately.

The lighter 185 wadcutters are extremely fun though for closer stuff, and with their light recoil, you can shoot the snot out of them and not be fatigued. They will make ya grin!

I just got a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in 480. I've got pin gauges arriving today to measure the throats, then I'll be ordering an LBT mold to make 400 gr. LFN bullets. Perfect medicine for these pesky Texas pigs...and any dinosaurs that happen to wander up.

I have been hunting with the above model 28 357 mag for years for hogs and deer and never felt under gunned.

Occasionally I use a smith 29dx that Ken Kelly and I did some horse trading on. I send him a lot of factory barrels from our customs and we'll he had a small debt to pay.

User Tag List