Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P225-A1

Vending Machine Operator
    While I see them from $800-1000 from most places, I saw the base model on SlickGuns for $675 last week.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    how much are you guys finding these for?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

$800-950 online.

Also, JM lists the 225-A1 as an available model for all of his aiwb holster models. I'm not seeing mag pouches but I'd assume if he can do the gun he has the mag mold too.
    Last edited by newyork; 03-15-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have JMC AIWB holster and mag carrier.

Just use 239 mag to order mag carrier, same mag body, different base plate.
    Last edited by rjohnson4405; 03-15-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is there a reason you want this over a P239? I think support would be better for the P239.
    Not speaking for OP but the 225/225A1 has better ergos than the 239; the square shaped frontstrap is not comfortable and the grip is a smidge too short. I am likely to ride the slide release and prevent locking back on empty about 90% of the time with the 239 as well, which did not happen on the 225A1. The 225A1 also has the same trigger guard shape as a 228/229, so it will fit many 228 holsters depending on the type.

Benefits over the original 225 as well: Heavier, stainless slide as with all US produced SIGs, more durable than older style (I'm told). More pleasant to shoot than original IMO. Shape of trigger is different, the trigger guard is larger, and takes better magazines. Plus G10 grips and night sights.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Not speaking for OP but the 225/225A1 has better ergos than the 239; the square shaped frontstrap is not comfortable and the grip is a smidge too short. I am likely to ride the slide release and prevent locking back on empty about 90% of the time with the 239 as well, which did not happen on the 225A1. The 225A1 also has the same trigger guard shape as a 228/229, so it will fit many 228 holsters depending on the type.

Benefits over the original 225 as well: Heavier, stainless slide as with all US produced SIGs, more durable than older style (I'm told). More pleasant to shoot than original IMO. Shape of trigger is different, the trigger guard is larger, and takes better magazines. Plus G10 grips and night sights.
    That makes sense. I guess I was just thinking the two are probably about the same in shoot ability, the P239 has more support, and is smaller. However what works for me, may not work for others. To be honest, I have not held a P225 in years. I wish the old magazines were as well made as the new ones.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    There is every sign that the new P225 A1 has eliminated the Achilles heel of the original, with its redesigned magazines.
    By Achilles heel... do you mean the tendency of the feed lips to spread over time? I've heard that could lead to "nose diving."

I had a P6 that I put well over 1000 rounds through. And an original P225 for a short time. I did notice that the rounds tended to cantilever down a bit when feeding (i.e., nose dive). But I never had a FTF with either gun. Also never used HPs.

There's definitely less of a nose dive with my P239. Though it still not quite as direct as, say, a Beretta 92.

Site Supporter
    Matty, yes, that's what's being refered to.

I had a 225 for a bit after waiting years to finally buy one that wasn't abused, just at the start of my TDA journey - and it was insanely, stupidly accurate for me. But the support issue with mags that aren't pro-mag is what finally killed it for me.

I've been bouncing back and forth between 239, 225/228/229 in 9mm for a while for my next, and maybe it's the wine speaking, but 225a1 seems to have the best blend of everything that I can see regarding holster/parts/smaller than 226 to make it worth the investment. Damn near the same footprint as a 228/229, but the grips being a smidge thinner, can make a world of a difference in reality.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Matty, yes, that's what's being refered to.

I had a 225 for a bit after waiting years to finally buy one that wasn't abused, just at the start of my TDA journey - and it was insanely, stupidly accurate for me. But the support issue with mags that aren't pro-mag is what finally killed it for me.

I've been bouncing back and forth between 239, 225/228/229 in 9mm for a while for my next, and maybe it's the wine speaking, but 225a1 seems to have the best blend of everything that I can see regarding holster/parts/smaller than 226 to make it worth the investment. Damn near the same footprint as a 228/229, but the grips being a smidge thinner, can make a world of a difference in reality.
    Interesting. I always thought the P6/P225 felt great. But for some reason, I just shoot a P239 better. Also tried a P228... still not as good as I shoot a P239. It must be because my hands are small. I can really get ahold of a P239. Especially with the Nill grips.

I haven't tried the A1 yet. As long as the trigger reach resembles that of the P239... I'm pretty sure I'd like it.

Site Supporter
    I put my beretta to shame with the 225 (original). I had to stop for a moment and make sure I wasn't bsing myself.

On paper and in photos at least, the 225(p6)/228/229/m11 have the same footprint/size in nearly every dimension. But they don't seem to carry/shoot the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List