Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: P225-A1

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Really looking at a sig p239 or this guy for dad carry. Thoughts?
    Do it. You’ll like it.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Do it. You’ll like it.

Nice. What holster is that?

You ever "appendix" it?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Nice. What holster is that?

You ever "appendix" it?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Watson-Special

Site Supporter
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like a really nice holster... though the ride height looks a wee bit high, for my tastes.

Currently keeping an eye out for a p239.. hoping for something.

Site Supporter
    Just carried my P239 today, on a long walk. In this:

Rides low at about 11:45. No printing. Comfortable. Stable. With the P239, it just works. For me, the P239 occupies that perfect niche of size and shootability--goes anywhere, doesn't give up anything besides some capacity.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  25.6 KB
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-22-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a really nice holster... though the ride height looks a wee bit high, for my tastes.
    Holster shown in my photo is for a 226. Ride height has two settings and is set at its highest. The 239 fits very well. Full custom holster and can be built to your desired specs.

Site Supporter
    Gotcha. I see the extra set of holes there. Jim Ryan makes really nice stuff.

I actually have his CDA II for my P239. It's super nice. A fitting compliment to the quality of the gun. But honestly, I just keep going back to that stupid Blackhawk. It's thinner. Rides lower. And doesn't bulge at the belt. And for some reason, grip printing isn't really an issue (which I can't explain, because it has zero grip tucking functionality).
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-23-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    Gotcha. I see the extra set of holes there. Jim Ryan makes really nice stuff.

I actually have his CDA II for my P239. It's super nice. A fitting compliment to the quality of the gun. But honestly, I just keep going back to that stupid Blackhawk. It's thinner. Rides lower. And doesn't bulge at the belt. And for some reason, grip printing isn't really an issue (which I can't explain, because it has zero grip tucking functionality).
    Any concern about the holster collapsing after the draw or its ability to stay on/retain the gun in a fight?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Any concern about the holster collapsing after the draw or its ability to stay on/retain the gun in a fight?
    No, it's not really a one-handed re-holstering situation. Which would be nice to have... but, for me, isn't an absolute mandatory. I will take comfort and concealability over quick reholstering.

With a thick, 1.5 inch belt, it's very stable. The belt engages the "prong" at the end of the plastic clip, and keeps in place. And the tension of the belt and the body against the gun holds it pretty tight. I haven't tried sprinting... but a sprightly jaunt here and there isn't an issue. And actually, I did do a fair amount jogging one time, to get out of the rain. Gun stayed put.

It's not a full "combat grip" either. But I can still get my thumb behind the grip and get it out pretty quick.

No, it's not perfect. And that's why I waited almost 5 months for a $200 custom leather holster. Maybe there's still something that will work better out there. But I'm in no rush to wait another few months for something that...... might. So we'll see.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-23-2017 at 10:46 AM.

User Tag List