Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: P225-A1

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    SS magazines are easy to conceal too. I carry an extra mag in a horizontal mag pouch by Wilderness.
    This is the #1 reason I was looking into a P225-A1. I'm really skinny and I just cannot comfortably carry a double stack reload on my belt and end up having to carry one in my back pocket which isn't optimal. For me, I think carrying an 8+1 with 2 reloads would be better than what I'm currently carrying right now but that's just my mental gymnastics and me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post

Dawson's will fit. Just order the "P Series" version, not the "Elite" type. I have em on a bunch of Sigs with the stepped flat area like yours.
    That is great news! I will look into it, thanks.

Also, I was thinking it still is a heavy pull for 5000 rounds with a lot of dryfire. Turns out they put a 24lb DAK Spring in the 225 from the factory. First thing Sig does as part of the Action Enhancement Service is put in a lighter main spring. Looks like people are going as low as 17lb without issue, but I have a Wolff 19lb one on order. Probably pick up 5 different types of range 9mm in addition to my carry Gold Dots and see how it works. I noticed it was heavy after taking some time off then dry firing my LCR and HK45C DA/SA and thinking they were super light.
    Last edited by rjohnson4405; 09-01-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    This is the #1 reason I was looking into a P225-A1. I'm really skinny and I just cannot comfortably carry a double stack reload on my belt and end up having to carry one in my back pocket which isn't optimal. For me, I think carrying an 8+1 with 2 reloads would be better than what I'm currently carrying right now but that's just my mental gymnastics and me.
    You don't even notice the magazine. Here's a picture of my EDC setup. 17 rounds total, and easily the most comfortable concealed rig I've had. JM Custom Kydex. The magazine base plates are a little sharp on the edges, but pretty thick. So for my carry mag I just sand the edge down since in the SC Summer heat I carry directly against my body, I ain't putting on another shirt.
    Name:  IMG_20170901_080602.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  56.4 KB

Deleted double post.
    Last edited by ca survivor; 09-01-2017 at 08:19 AM.

I have an old 225 in the safe. I may have missed it, but do these new magazines work with the old guns?

Thanks D

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce9166 View Post
    I have an old 225 in the safe. I may have missed it, but do these new magazines work with the old guns?

Thanks D
    No. It uses a 239 magazine body which is entirely different. Much better than the old P6 magazines, but not backwards compatible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Almost everyday in a JM Custom Kydex holster. the G10 grips aren't too aggressive against skin and it's pretty well rounded, in addition to my guard on the holster, making it very comfortable.
    I am considering buying the 225 a1 and a JM AIWB holster. Are you using the mid guard or the full guard?
    Last edited by WOLFIE; 09-02-2017 at 05:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    I got to check out the P225-A yesterday at a LGS. Very nice gun. I like the undercut trigger guard (very nice touch) and the grip feels awesome. I had the chance to compare it to three guns of similar size - a Sig P239, a Sig P228 M11-A1, and a Springfield RO Elite compact in 9mm. As a side note, my interest in metal framed guns was renewed yesterday.

The RO Elite has a 4 inch barrel and a compact grip with a flat mainspring housing (really nice 1911). I think the P225 will conceal better due to a shorter barrel and the fact the back of the grip is rounded slightly. It is not rounded so much that it looks off (a P226 with the new one piece snap on grip looks off to me).

I used to own a P239 which is a sweet shooting 9mm gun. I was thinking of buying another until yesterday. I did not understand the interest in the P225-A .... until yesterday. I am getting the P225-A. It is a really nice single stack compact gun: The G10 or wood grips, the cut underneath the trigger guard, the SRT is standard (i tested this feature of course), and grip for me feels great. The P225 grip feels much better than the P239 grip. If you take the magazines out of both guns to compare size, the P225 is slightly longer in height. If you put the magazines in and measure from the top of the slide straight down to the front edge of the magazine floorplate, they are about the same height. The finger rest on the P239 floorplate adds length to the grip. Now the P239 may very well conceal easier since the back of the grip is shorter. After comparing the P239 to the P225-A, i decided on the P225-A even though the grip is a tiny bit wider in the P225.

The next thing to do was compare the P225 to the M11-A1. The grip on the P228 is slightly wider and truly just a little bit wider. At this point i thought just carry the M11-A1 i have at home and don't buy this cool new fangled gun. And then I looked at the length of the slides. The P225 is shorter....much shorter. They are really in seperate niches if you will.
    Last edited by WOLFIE; 09-02-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I am considering buying the 225 a1 and a JM AIWB holster. Are you using the mid guard or the full guard?
    I use the full guard. It help protects the finish and sights from sweat since I carry directly against my body in a hot, humid area. I figure I can always cut it off if I didn't like it but it's well executed to be comfortable without getting in the way of the draw.
    Last edited by rjohnson4405; 09-02-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Handled one yesterday. Feels good in the hand but not impressed with fit and finish and it had probably the worst SIG DA trigger I've ever felt. The trigger on Legion P229 next to it wasn't much better.

User Tag List