Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: P225-A1

Quote Originally Posted by zart312 View Post
    “Dad carry” lol. I love it. I’m in the same boat though. I’ve got a 16 month old at home. So I totally understand where you’re coming from. While it’s not a 239 or 225 when we had our little one I picked up a HK45C and it fits the bill perfectly. Whether I’m playing with her, carrying her in my arms, or she’s laying on me napping I feel extremely comfortable with her being around the 45c and it doesn’t print. The only time I’ve had an issue with printing is if I’m using the baby carrier. Then no matter what gun I have on me or location it prints. So I typically don’t use the carrier. For reference I carry AIWB with a Dale Fricke Archangel. I also use the flush fitting baseplate. I’m also 6’3” 230lbs with a bit of the “Dad bod”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm 5' 9" and 180 weight lifting build. I can carry a g19 pretty easily but notice it a lot more now that my son is up and running around (14 months). I have a p2000sk lem but not sure I want to go back down that road, a da/sa single stack seems to be the sweet spot but not too many options.

FWIW, other than the weight difference I find no difference in carrying a P6/P225 vs a P228/P229. The grip size is identical when using OEM 2 piece grips on the P6/P225 and either the E2 or Hogue G10 on the P228/P229.

Unfortunately no experience with the newer P225-1, but when I compared the P239 vs a P228 I came to the same conclusion there too. The weight difference came from the on-board capacity difference.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Main thing is printing when carry a diaper bag, the kid, or the amount of rolling around. I have a shield, but I think I would prefer a da/sa for this period of life.
    Right, I mentioned attire due to the slightly shorter grip of the 239, might be a bit beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I'm 5' 9" and 180 weight lifting build. I can carry a g19 pretty easily but notice it a lot more now that my son is up and running around (14 months). I have a p2000sk lem but not sure I want to go back down that road, a da/sa single stack seems to be the sweet spot but not too many options.
    I'm right there with you, except my little girl is 4 years old and loves to use me as her jungle gym. Carrying my G19 AIWB she'll inadvertently use it as a foot hold as she is scaling me.

The P225-A1 is very intriguing to me but I can't handle the price.

I've been looking into getting a P2000 or P2000SK LEM. Are you not a fan of the LEM trigger after spending a lot of time with it?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I'm right there with you, except my little girl is 4 years old and loves to use me as her jungle gym. Carrying my G19 AIWB she'll inadvertently use it as a foot hold as she is scaling me.

I've been looking into getting a P2000 or P2000SK LEM. Are you not a fan of the LEM trigger after spending a lot of time with it?
    I found that my ability to maintain skill level with it was much less than other triggers. They are tanks when it comes to reliability but suffer in the shootability side of it. it is a great trigger from a safety standpoint though, no decock, long first pull, and a hammer to block. Hard to beat. I think it loses in shootability to a DA/SA though.. sig p239s on Buds are going around 600

More likely to find a decent out of the box trigger on a 239, the 225A1 triggers are hit or miss. The grip is longer, such that you likely won't have to use the magazine floorplate as part of the grip or worry about pinching your hand during reloads. The front strap on the 239 is also more square shaped which I don't find particularly comfortable. The P225A1 will also fit some 228/229 holsters where the P239 usually won't.

Mostly IMO the P225-A1 looks cooler which is really what it's all about.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Do note that putting a lighter hammer spring helped mine and has been reliable so far. 24lb hammer spring down to 19lb.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post

@Irelander,

I carried a Glock 19 for awhile after ditching the P2000sk in .40, and have come full circle back to a P30sk in 9mm. The LEM works great AIWB (As does the G19 with a gadget), although it is harder to shoot at speed. When you accept the fact that you have to shoot the LEM at LEM speed (Quoting @GJM), you can finally accept your performance with the LEM.

The P30sk handles just as well as its larger siblings, and its shape and size help concealment when I am out with the kids. It helps with the constant picking up, bending over, squatting etc that comes with kids. With the P30sk I no longer have an excuse to not carry.

Where are you in PA? Shoot me a message! You can try my P30sk if you would like.
    Last edited by Guinnessman; 10-19-2017 at 04:11 PM.

For a smaller gun, that is essentially DA/SA, polymer and can be shot well, I would look at a P99C which can be bought new now for $339. Plus the number is close enough to 19, that nobody might pick it up in your training Journal.

https://shoot-straight.com/product/walther-p99c-as-9mm/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For a smaller gun, that is essentially DA/SA, polymer and can be shot well, I would look at a P99C which can be bought new now for $339. Plus the number is close enough to 19, that nobody might pick it up in your training Journal.

https://shoot-straight.com/product/walther-p99c-as-9mm/
    Lol! Pretty much all shooting has stalled, which means this is more a mental exercise than anything else. No time between teaching, class, and work for anything else right now. Its made me look at my priorities as far as free time and I am considering changing something to make my life simpler and easier to manage. thanks for the link George.

User Tag List