Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P225-A1

P225-A1

I'm just wondering about those who have used one, carried one, taken classes using one etc. I know it's a little large for 8 rounds but so is a 1911 and I don't mind that at all. Limited to 10 here in NY anyway. I don't think it has to be a compact and be super size efficient. I've always had my eye on it and am just curious about people's experiences good or bad.

Seems like a good cross between carry piece and medium size.

Had an older 225 years ago loved that gun shot great very accurate traded it for a 228 which I should have never done but wanted the capacity back then. Picked up another older 225 recently shots just as good as the old one.

I meant the new production one.

I'd take a 225A1 over a 225 or 239, based off the few rounds I put through a friend's. He offered to sell it to me and it's been taking a lot of willpower to not break my "no new guns in 2017" rule.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    I'm curious to hear some impressions of the P225-A1 as well... beyond just first impressions and a few hundred rounds.

The A1 shares its bones with the P239 (which I have, and really like). And I've often wondered how it would fare in a high-round-count sort of scenario, like a class. FWIW, my P239 has been superbly reliable and very accurate... I'd definitely consider running it in a class. Or an A1...

The main issues I've heard are it's bigger than it needs to be for it's capacity (not a concern for me, I like the G19-full size and prefer a four finger grip) and it doesn't accept original 225 or 239 mags which is a ridiculous critique in my opinion. Supposedly the mags were improved and... it's not a 225, it's a 225-A1.

Reviews are scarce though. Meaning long term or decent round count.

Site Supporter
    Is there a reason you want this over a P239? I think support would be better for the P239.

I can't imagine that you need to know much more than that you like it. It is a Sig, and if it works (or not), they will take care of it. I'm sure it shoots and handles just like any older 225, nothing magic in it.

Is there something in particular you want to know?

No concrete reason. Yet. I'm just curious about the model. Funds won't allow a purchase now anyhow. The 225-A1 seems to have a slightly fuller grip. Does the pinky tend to hang off on a 239? Seems so but I can't tell and none are local to check out. The 225 seems to easily fit a full grip.
    I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the 239. Many on here love it and it's cheaper. I've been drawn to the 225-A1 for some reason but that means nothing. Maybe only because I prefer medium to full size guns usually. I suppose.
    Last edited by newyork; 03-15-2017 at 06:15 AM.

For a serious gun, I prefer the 225 over the 239. My pinky doesn't hang off the 239, but I have small hands. Eitherway, the 239 is a compact gun. The 225 is quite reasonable.

User Tag List