Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Getting the TDA Bug - Wilson Brig Tac Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Extremely poor CS. Failed to ship a holster twice even though told me it shipped. Shipped out BT with wrong frame and blew me off (twice) when contacted. BUSA called me within an hour of emailing them with multiple solutions to address my issue.
    Interesting.

How did Wilson Combat send the "wrong frame"? And please define "blew off"?

Seriously,my experience with Wilson Combat was nothing less then top flight with multiple people. They even saved me from an $80.00 mistake on my order sheet.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Just spotted a 92G-SD. It's $1095. Almost as much as a Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Just spotted a 92G-SD. It's $1095. Almost as much as a Wilson
    If new, that's a pretty good price. It retails for more than the Wilson Brigadier Tactical. The 92G-SD retails for $1,350

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92g-sd/

NIB. Online dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    If new, that's a pretty good price. It retails for more than the Wilson Brigadier Tactical. The 92G-SD retails for $1,350

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92g-sd/
    Do note that for jurisdictions with handgun rosters like California ,the 92G-SD is a legal option where the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical wouldn't be. Hence the price being similar.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Right... because that's how it works. You do realize Beretta picked up and moved pretty much everything from Maryland to Tennessee right? Might take some time away from production.

Beautiful blaster!
    You realize it's been two years right? But I guess firing the plant manager for what most assume is mismanagement has nothing to do with it.

Moving the entire plant and training pretty much an entirely new work force is going to take time no matter how good the process is, and if a few steps were overlooked in the planning process the whole timetable will be off (which in turn can create more problems and more delays).

The key factor will be whether Beretta refrains from selling lemons (and with a new factory and work force there will be plenty of those until all the kinks get worked out) during the shake-out process. If it avoids that mistake in a couple of years people will have forgotten what a mess the transition was.

Do those action parts (the new hammer and the action bar) really help that much?

With minor polishing the action is pretty good with d spring. Actually the main issue seems to be action bar friction against the g10 grips. Anone have a solution for this? Polishing the g10 contact surface has seemingly little effect and there isn't much material to remove.

I personally would go for a regular brigadier, vertec, or if they start making them in black without night sights, the m9a3 and customize from there. Get grips of your choosing, lighter hammer spring, maybe an elite barrel, sights of your choosing, extended mag release, guide rod with spring, and a G lever and you are set.

I installed my Wilson hammer today on my Brigadier Tactical. As I stated previously, my BrigTac already had a fantastic trigger job that included a Wilson trigger bar and a 13# mainspring. It already compares favorably with my Wilson 1911's trigger, so there is little room for any gains. As such, I really noticed no improvement using the Wilson hammer paired with the 13# spring. Switching to the 12# spring did improve the trigger a touch. If the 12# spring proves reliable with my regular ammunition, I may stick with the setup to see if the trigger improves further as the hammer wears in.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I installed my Wilson hammer today on my Brigadier Tactical. As I stated previously, my BrigTac already had a fantastic trigger job that included a Wilson trigger bar and a 13# mainspring. It already compares favorably with my Wilson 1911's trigger, so there is little room for any gains. As such, I really noticed no improvement using the Wilson hammer paired with the 13# spring. Switching to the 12# spring did improve the trigger a touch. If the 12# spring proves reliable with my regular ammunition, I may stick with the setup to see if the trigger improves further as the hammer wears in.
    With a non polisged hammer surface it won't change much. the hammer is 40 grains heavier than the Elite hammer so it should hit the little harder. Most guns have a crisper, cleaner reset with the new hammer.

User Tag List