Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilson Beretta safety - too low profile

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious as to how many owners of the A3 use the low pro decocker? With that extra angle of the redesign help or hinder it's use?

I'm surprised you're even using the safety outside of administrative stuff.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Its worth noting that the overall thickness of the gun with the g-conversion is the same as a factory G or FS gun, its just that the right side lever isn't tapered at the top of the slide where it comes through. You don't feel the extra protrusion during slide manipulations, or see it when looking down the sights. Is it less sexy than a factory G gun? For sure, but for functionality I'll take it all day err'y day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Its worth noting that the overall thickness of the gun with the g-conversion is the same as a factory G or FS gun, its just that the right side lever isn't tapered at the top of the slide where it comes through. You don't feel the extra protrusion during slide manipulations, or see it when looking down the sights. Is it less sexy than a factory G gun? For sure, but for functionality I'll take it all day err'y day.
    Exactly correct. The M9A3/conversion levers look more bulky, especially the right side but they are no wider overall than a stock fs. For me the G decocker action has always been too stiff. I can't really operate them w/ my strong hand thumb. I reach over the top of the slide w/ my left/support hand and push on both levers w/ thumb and forefinger.
    03RN, that angle you reference is not on the G decocker levers. It is only on the M9A3 fs type levers.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Exactly correct. The M9A3/conversion levers look more bulky, especially the right side but they are no wider overall than a stock fs. For me the G decocker action has always been too stiff. I can't really operate them w/ my strong hand thumb. I reach over the top of the slide w/ my left/support hand and push on both levers w/ thumb and forefinger.
    03RN, that angle you reference is not on the G decocker levers. It is only on the M9A3 fs type levers.
    Thanks, I thought the angle of the decocker while on fire would be the same. I was also referencing the Wilson low pro safety. Which should be the same angle as the fs safety.

Fwiw I'll look down at my m9a1C and see the g conversion lever printing like a stoma on a cold winter day

Huh, no kidding. I never noticed that. I’ll look out for it next time I have my m9a1 in the belt...

Huh, no kidding. I never noticed that. I’ll look out for it next time I have my m9a1 in the belt...
    It's only with some shirts some times

User Tag List