Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of the Glock trigger "bump"?

Getting rid of the Glock trigger "bump"?

Is there any setup that eliminates this bump in the trigger. It doesn't affect my ability to shoot the gun, but compared to the SIG P320 trigger, this bump is more pronounced. Have tried the - connector already.

Could you be more precise in what you're referring to as the "bump"?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I'm curious what bump the OP means exactly as well. If it is the center trigger safety lever in the middle of the trigger face then the options I have used or could work are shaving the center plastic safety lever to match the contour of the trigger face. Stock they are flat and stick out a little which some people find more uncomfortable. By contouring it to match the triger face contours this goes away. However you must be cautious not to remove too much material as it can affect the functioning of that safety. It only takes a very small amount and it sets flush with the rest of the trigger. Along the same lines I prefer the smooth face stock Glock triggers to the grooved trigger face.

Another option of the trigger face safety is what the OP is referring to is to try aftermarket flat face or stock contour curved face triggers(shoes or trigger bar but I would prefer trigger bar assembly) Most of these use a smooth trigger face and the safety lever in the center of the trigger matches the contours of the rest of the trigger.

The OP mentions having tried a connector so if they are referring to the take up pressure, to wall to break pressures as a bump then there are other ways of adjusting those.

Sorry, yes I meant the wall after the take up. The P320 is much smoother.

That wall/bump/staplegunny trigger feel is Gaston's way of telling you that you are loved and he doesn't want you to shoot your dick off. See:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ons-and-safety

I believe he means the crunch when the trigger breaks. More trigger pull feel than physical bump in the trigger itself.

My method for minimizing the impact of the break/crunch is going to a smooth minus connector and an NY1 spring. It makes the break mushiness and the takeup heavier to make it easier to roll through the break cleanly.

It's not perfect, but I like it better.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    The bump/wall happens when you're cocking the striker. 320 doesn't have that, as its striker is fully cocked beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Dave Spaulding has talked about the Ghost Evo connector helping with that

I don't view the Glock bump/wall as described as objectionable-quite the opposite. And I like the way that it's actually more pronounced on my Gen4 G22. I do apply grease (Lucas Red & Tacky #2, or TW 25B) to the connector/triggerbar interface surfaces, but that's about it. 500 rounds of dry- or live-fire pretty much nicely burnishes the surfaces.

If you want less of a bump/wall, perhaps a HK VP is a better selection-or the SIG P320 mentioned...

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 03-13-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Is there any setup that eliminates this bump in the trigger. It doesn't affect my ability to shoot the gun, but compared to the SIG P320 trigger, this bump is more pronounced. Have tried the - connector already.
    You could just get a 320 to eliminate your "bump" problem.

User Tag List