Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range Bags

I've bought quite a few of the super cheap Harbor Freight tool bags.
    With a coupon they go for $5 to $7.
    I have so many that there is no real sense of organization to them, and I've not gotten around to labeling them by caliber, firearm, etc.

Site Supporter
    I recently bought the Vertx A-range bag. I like it, but it seems bulky given the amount of stuff it can carry. Initially I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but I'm warming up to it. Being able to keep ammo in the little pull-out drawers is definitely the stand out feature. I bought a couple of GoRuck pistol caddies to go in it. The Vertx replaced the GunMate Range Bag that I'd been using for 15 years. (Yeah, I know I should go to the range more, because the bag shouldn't have lasted that long.) The GunMate is small, and it's hard to see things inside, but I really liked it. For Christmas I got a US Peacekeeper Mini-range Bag. I can fit everything I need in this bag for taking one pistol to the public range, but it's tight. (I don't use a shot timer there because they don't like my holster and won't let me raise the muzzle of the gun to reload.)

Most importantly, for people who are interested in Vertx, Mike Seeklander's American Warrior podcast websight has a 40% off code for Vertx products, which is why I was able to afford such a fancy bag.

I'm a cheapskate, so I use this (in Coyote Brown):
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-ope...atrol-bag.html

It's big enough to carry what I need for a USPSA match, and qualifications at work, with a little extra room for a few extra things I haul around for when I instruct at work.

My previous bag was black, but I got tired of looking for dark items inside a dark bag. So that's why I went with Coyote Brown.

I use these: Craftsman 10" and 12" tool bags.

I use the 12" as my range bag for my M&P9 and M&P9c, and can carry about 16 magazines and 300 rounds of ammo along with my muffs and glasses. The 10" bag gets used for ammo and pistol when I take my M&P22 along. The pockets are handy for things like a multitool, oil and bandages and such.

I've been using this LA Police Gear bag for the last 18 months or so, $21.95:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html

Pro: Cheap, fairly well made, hasn't broken or failed in fairly frequent use. The outside velcro cover pockets are useful. Seems to hold everything I need for a trip to the range, or in a match. I like it.

Con: A bit smaller than I might have preferred; if I carry my ear pro inside the bag, it gets a bit crowded. The OD Green color is the same inside, it would have been nice if it was lined with white cloth. Although I don't know of any range bags that are lined with lighter color.

ETA - The Coyote would probably be a better choice, as was mentioned above.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-14-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    I use these: Craftsman 10" and 12" tool bags.

I use the 12" as my range bag for my M&P9 and M&P9c, and can carry about 16 magazines and 300 rounds of ammo along with my muffs and glasses. The 10" bag gets used for ammo and pistol when I take my M&P22 along. The pockets are handy for things like a multitool, oil and bandages and such.
    Good to see another Craftsman aficionado. Mine is a green heavy duty cordura jobber with both open and netting pockets on the outside and compartments on the inside. Really a great bag for firearms, tools and / or any other kind of gear.

I don't know if Rubbermaid still has similar style bags available but if so they are worth checking out as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I've bought quite a few of the super cheap Harbor Freight tool bags.
    With a coupon they go for $5 to $7.
    I have so many that there is no real sense of organization to them, and I've not gotten around to labeling them by caliber, firearm, etc.
    I was a little embarrassed to jump in but I use the Harbor Freight toolboxes for my range stuff. I haven't had them a long time but they are pretty solid. They run $24 for 4 of them in 4 different sizes. I use the two large ones as the smaller ones are not needed and more flimsy. I like that they are hard sided to protect gear inside better and they have a locking hole to secure them with a padlock. I also like that the three largest boxes have two small partitioned storage cases built into but removable form the lids. Since I use one box for range gear(Gun,ammo,eye and ear pro,stapler target etc..) and the next size down for tools,cleaning equipment and repairs it works out well for those small parts and accessories.

This is the one I got

http://www.harborfreight.com/tool-st...-set-3721.html

I have the Midway Competition bag but rarely use it. The one that rides around in my trunk is this:
    https://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc...Bag-4p1583.htm

I really like it. It's tough enough to haul my usual 400 rounds of ammunition, and will hold all of the things I need for a range session.

Been running a ishot backpack for awhile. It's sturdy and holds a lot of gear. Ammo area at bottom of bag is a great http://www.commonwealthrescue.com/mo....aspx?id=38192

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Eagle Industries Deluxe Pro Shooter bag. I really like the bag. Lots of room and useful pouch set up.

http://www.eagleindustries.com/produ...ail.aspx?id=34

User Tag List