Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Range Bags

I think alot of these bags are copies of the excellent Shooters Connection tournament pro range bag. It is an excellent bag and is built to last. I've had mine for a few years and it shows no wear. The only weak point I've found was the metal buckle on the shoulder strap, I had one break as I picked it up when I had 50-60+ lbs of gear loaded in the bag. I replaced it with a carabiner and it has had no issues. The other buckle has held strong.
    Last edited by TCB; 03-17-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Been running a ishot backpack for awhile. It's sturdy and holds a lot of gear. Ammo area at bottom of bag is a great http://www.commonwealthrescue.com/mo....aspx?id=38192

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of their range bags. Real shame they stopped making these, mine is built to last. It has some great features that came with it like mag and pistol sleeves as well as one of those tearaway loose round holder thingies.
    Last edited by heyscooter; 03-19-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: herp derp

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Good to see another Craftsman aficionado.
    I also use the Lowe's version of these bags. The big ones will hold about Qty400 12g shells, the small one will hold about Qty300 20g shells. I see the big advantage as not looking like gun gear.

Along those lines I have been using a Pelican case. Just had to unload the truck in a downpour and being waterproof is a nice advantage.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  53.7 KB

Not totally sure this is the ultimate solution, but my plan that is still being formulated involves keeping one of these (waterproof) toolboxes in the truck with all of the "Might Need" gear
    Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  44.8 KB
    and using the Pelican for the stuff that needs to go in and out of the house every week.

The tricky part is it is really convenient to leave the tailgate unlocked most of the time, so there is a balance point of what I could/should leave in there semi-secured under the BakFlip cover.

[QUOTE=JM Campbell;577063]Been running a ishot backpack for awhile. It's sturdy and holds a lot of gear. Ammo area at bottom of bag is a great http://www.commonwealthrescue.com/mo....aspx?id=38192

As I continue this aging thing, my minimalism also grows. Shoot 3G, steel & USPSA 1 ea. per month & started using a spare Vertx Gamut BP I was going to sell.

Never got on board w/ the 3G gun buggys/strollers + you gotta load 'em before/unload 'em after the match. The Gamut is loaded the nite before w/ mags, ammo, IFAK, H2O etc & the rifle is slung on 1 shoulder, other shoulder has my slung gauge & the BP is carried 'tween them like it's designed.

At steel & USPSA matches I only sling the Gamut over one shoulder & my hands remain free for the scoring tablet or whatever. Unintended consequences are I get *some* cardio/load bearing work but that's what the gym etc. is for, the other 6 days of the week.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 03-20-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    http://www.larue.com/larue-range-bag

This is the only range bag I've ever owned so my experience is not very diverse but it does everything I could ask and has held up for the last 8 years of weekly range visits and 2-3 classes a year.

User Tag List