Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Load Fast

I Load Fast

So, young Luke, you wanna load fast? I DO load fast (9mm @ 2100 RPH):

Mike Drop

Now if only I could shoot as fast as you.

#Dillon1050

#Mark7
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-02-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Reloading press used (list modifications if relevant):
    Dillon 1050, Mr. Bullet Feeder, Mark 7 Autoloader 1050X upgraded to 1050Pro (using old 1.3HP motor)
    Numerous mods: F&FB Shell Plate, index pawl, Micrometer powder measure and seating die, "Tie Wrap" mod

Caliber: 9mm

Bullet (Weight, Coating, Profile, Manufacturer)
    135gr 9mm Bayou Bullets, Hitek polymer coating, Round nose

Powder manufacturer, type and charge; volume, type (ball, stick, flake), base
    Just used last of ETR-7 flake (supposedly Maxam CSB-1) - 3.7 gr gives 134 Power Factor. Just swapped to 3.7 gr Nobel Sport Vectan Prima V (crushed gravel appearance) for 132 PF, measured in an EAA/Tanfoglio Stock 2

Dies used
    Brass is preprocessed before loading - Wet cleaned, force-dried, QC'd, Decapped, Lee U-Die sized, Swaged
    Belling with Mr. Bullet Feeder Powder Funnel to 0.389" for polymer coated bullets, crimping with Dillon Taper crimp die to 0.379"

Primers used
    Federal SPP for match, Fiocchi SPP for practice (much harder but cheaper). Fiocchi's need to be seated deeply, 0,005-0.010" or light strikes possible. Federals need to be seated anywhere below flush.

Cartridge Overall Length (COAL): 1.085-1.095 - Tanfo chambers are notoriously short, I plan to get them reamed to SAAMI spec.

Chronograph data (if possible): http://www.doodieproject.com/index.p...-5#entry156390
    9mm
    Nobel Sport Vectan Prima V
    135 gr Bayou Bullet - Hitek Coated
    Federal Small Pistol Primers
    1.090-1.100 COAL
    EAA/Tanfoglio Stock 2 - 4.5" Barrel, Polygonal rifling

2.8 gr, 794 fps, failure to extract
    3.2, 891 120 pf, weak extraction, slide lock
    3.4, 929, 125 pf
    3.5, 956, 129 pf
    3.6 958, 129 pf
    3.7 985, 132 pf
    3.8 991, 133 pf

10 rounds @ 3.6 gr - Lo 958, Hi 1002, ES 44, Avg 973, PF 131

10 rounds heated on oil heater - 132.7 PF
    10 rounds chilled in chest freezer - 130.2 PF

Minimal smoke, no bad smell. Consider to be temp insensitive. Fills about 1/2 a case+, reduced concern of double charges. Consistency is like small sharp pieces of gravel of varying sizes. Seems to stay put in case during loading as opposed to lower density flakes. Current availability quite good. Current cost is competitive with or better than other powders. Comes in 1/2 kilo, 1.1 lb containers so 10% more product than most.

Seeing flattening of Federal SPP's on radius but this is consistent amongst ETR-7, Prima V, TiteGroup, WST and less so of Win 231 in testing so far. Nothing unusual.

I loaded 500 but haven't tested them. I have a good feeling about this powder.

Goals intended with this load
    Competition load that comfortably exceeds 125 Power Factor runs reliably and that plunk tests in a wide variety of short-chambered Tanfo's and CZ's (what my buddies shoot) + Glocks, M&P's, etc.

Results - accuracy, smokiness, clean burning, flash, temperature, smell, brass deformation, etc.
    Clean burning, consistent, reliable load. Huge experience with ETR-7; Less experience with Prima V.

Problems encountered and fixes applied
    Tie wrap mod on 1050 rocks!

Anything of interest

Looks like you've gone off the deep end. I recommend stepping back, read a loading book or two, then get you a good single stage and learn what it takes to make ammo.
    i used to wannabe

I have a good single stage press. And a 550. And the Doomsday Device(tm).

Site Supporter
    I'm curious how a dillon 1050 w/ mark 7 compares to the mark 7 revolution, rounds/setup/cost. If you're gonna go off the deep end, may as well go off the deep end....

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I enjoy reading your reloading chronicles on doodie. I hope you'll share them here as well.

I'd really like to try out prima v. Thanks for the load data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I'm curious how a dillon 1050 w/ mark 7 compares to the mark 7 revolution, rounds/setup/cost. If you're gonna go off the deep end, may as well go off the deep end....
    Go for it and tell me how it works out. 2100 RPH works well enough for my hobbyist needs...but I am an incorrigible fiddler and tooner.

Site Supporter
    Nowhere near able to swing a 1050 at this point in my life

Only way I can see touching is if I start selling ammo. That's something I'm interested in, but can't see pursuing for a long time, if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List