Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 SC 9mm

Sig P320 SC 9mm

Has anyone purchased the P320 SC in 9mm and what are your thoughts on the pistol after shooting and carrying it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Had one for T&E, but never carried it. From a firing perspective, the grip was a little too short. I wish there were a wedge shaped baseplate extension so I could get my pinkie finger onto something. Basically, think G26 with flat baseplate. The SC grip frames are only available in small and medium, no larges that I'm aware of. The small is only without rail, while the medium can be had with or without rail. All other positive/negative attributes of the P320 platform still apply.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Had one for T&E, but never carried it. From a firing perspective, the grip was a little too short. I wish there were a wedge shaped baseplate extension so I could get my pinkie finger onto something. Basically, think G26 with flat baseplate. The SC grip frames are only available in small and medium, no larges that I'm aware of. The small is only without rail, while the medium can be had with or without rail. All other positive/negative attributes of the P320 platform still apply.
    Just checked Sigs website yesterday and they have the grip modules with or without the rail. Last I heard large was not an available option.

If I get one I will get a large grip module and cut it down to SC size. XXL hands

I really don't understand the rounded trigger guard.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I've been carrying the 320sc/c for almost two years. Originally got the sc which replaced my g26 option. For a sub compact gun it's extremely easy to shoot, low recoil and very accurate. I have close to 4000 rounds though it and not one problem yet, another 2500 rounds through the compact and no issues. I go back and forth between the compact and subcompact depending on what I am wearing, but usually go 100% with the sub compact in the summer months. The sc is just as easy for me to conceal

I really like the modularity of it because with the standard 12 round set up I can carry with my RX red dot in a subcompact set up, add the 15/17round with a x-grip and it feels great. I have posted on here a number of times pictures of the set up with the compact rx slide on the sc grip. Just a really versatile option and at the end of the day for me it's an excellent shooting firearm that I can quickly configure to my carry needs. The sc is such an easy option to conceal, but if I had to do it all over again, you get maximum optionality from getting the compact size which will allow configuration of every 320 size there is. You can just get a subcompact grip module and mags for the deeper concealment option. Or just buy a couple of them.

If you care, you can click on the couple links that I recently posted some pics of that set up. The last link is more about the compact RX but there are some pics in that thread as well.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ing-experience.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ut-time-X-grip

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....P320RX-Compact

I have been carrying my P320 SC for months or maybe even a year now. I love it. Replaced a G43 that I was carrying previously. I loved the G43 because it was so easy to carry but never loved giving up that much capacity. The P320 changed all that. I had previously owned G26s but the P320 SC is much more to my liking.

I am carrying in a JMCK IWB with soft loops and one of his single pouches and couldn't be happier. Unsure of round count as I don't count.

I haven't had the chance to hold on, but is it as big as it seems?
    On paper, both the P320sc and M&P9C hold 12 rounds but the P320 is almost a half inch taller.
    I also wonder if they'd fit regular P320 holsters as it has no pic rail and a rounded trigger guard (for the small grip module).
    Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 03-12-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    I haven't had the chance to hold on, but is it as big as it seems?
    On paper, both the P320sc and M&P9C hold 12 rounds but the P320 is almost a half inch taller.
    I also wonder if they'd fit regular P320 holsters as it has no pic rail and a rounded trigger guard (for the small grip module).
    M&P9c is a pretty decent gun but if you shoot the two together there is no comparison. My 320sc fits very good in my JMC 2.0 for my compact. JMC will also make a holster specifically for the 320sc that designates long so you can but the compact slide on the sc.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Has anyone purchased the P320 SC in 9mm and what are your thoughts on the pistol after shooting and carrying it.
    For versatility I recommend you buy the compact model, then buy a SC grip module (or another compact module and cut it down) for $30-40, and then you basically have 2 guns for the price of one plus a grip module. Reason being is the compact slide is only something like a quarter inch longer than the SC slide, maybe less. So the real difference is in the grip anyway. That's what I've done, and this way you can rock the SC grip when you need a little more concealment, but still retain a little more sight radius. Then if you don't need it AS concealable you can throw on the compact grip and have several more rounds on deck. Likewise with the compact gun, you can throw on the full size slide, or put a carry grip module on it, etc. The compact is just the most versatile starting point IMO. And they all shoot great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    M&P9c is a pretty decent gun but if you shoot the two together there is no comparison. My 320sc fits very good in my JMC 2.0 for my compact. JMC will also make a holster specifically for the 320sc that designates long so you can but the compact slide on the sc.
    Could you elaborate on the differences in shooting? I'm aware the P320 trigger is better in stock config, but if I went with the M&P it would automatically get an apex kit.
    Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 03-13-2017 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    Could you elaborate on the differences in shooting? I'm aware the P320 trigger is better in stock config, but if I went with the M&P it would automatically get an apex kit.
    Yes, trigger is the biggest difference and the apex is a must. I ended up giving the apex flat trigger a go and while I liked the stocked curved trigger, I've become a fan of the flat trigger. Although that doesn't lighten the trigger, which wasn't needed on mine. While subjective, 320 seems like a soft shooter for a sc size gun. The grip may be slightly longer, it's extremely easy to conceal and throwing an x-grip enables you to carry the 15/17 round mag with ease. Actually the 15 round mag gives the gun a great feel. Lastly you have the modularity if you ever decide to utilize the compact/full size option.

Like I mentioned, M&P is a good gun, I just prefer the wider options and out of the box it was good to go for me.

User Tag List