Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blade-Tech WRS for Duty Use?

The Blade Tech duty holster is junk. We had a lateral from another agency come over with one and wanted to carry it (our policy only allows Safariland Level II and II). I picked him up by his holstered empty gun and the holster popped loose from the mount. You can pick someone up by a Safariland all day long and it stays put.

Needless to say he wasn't allowed to carry it. Stick with Safariland.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    The Blade Tech duty holster is junk. We had a lateral from another agency come over with one and wanted to carry it (our policy only allows Safariland Level II and II). I picked him up by his holstered empty gun and the holster popped loose from the mount. You can pick someone up by a Safariland all day long and it stays put.

Needless to say he wasn't allowed to carry it. Stick with Safariland.
    I think the only decent option outside Safariland might be a high quality thumb break holster. However the ALS/SLS combo is much superior.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What I'm hoping for is a light bearing duty holster, light, gun combo that does not leave such a huge gap between the trigger and the holster. I prefer my holsters to better protect the trigger.
    I think that's a product of whatever WML you're carrying, not the holster. Whatever the X300 is in diameter, the holster mouth has to be in order to fit it....

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think the only decent option outside Safariland might be a high quality thumb break holster.
    For a concealable WML rig that's what I'm thinking as well. JRC is probably going to get a big order from me this year.
    Last edited by TGS; 04-21-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List