Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade-Tech WRS for Duty Use?

Blade-Tech WRS for Duty Use?

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the Blade-Tech WRS (their Level 2) is well built enough for duty use? I have someone with really small hands that struggles to release their SLS in one motion and doesn't want an ALS holster. I was thinking that the WRS might work if it was appropriate for duty use.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the Blade-Tech WRS (their Level 2) is well built enough for duty use? I have someone with really small hands that struggles to release their SLS in one motion and doesn't want an ALS holster. I was thinking that the WRS might work if it was appropriate for duty use.
    I've recently gone back to an SLS from an ALS and was also looking at the bladetech. Interested to hear if anyone uses one of these on duty.

Since the design is very similar, I'd also like to hear opinions on the G-Code holsters as well.

Was the GLS also considered?

No idea on the Blade-Tech WRS, but the retention mechanism looks eerily similar to the G-Code system which is also used by Bravo Concealment.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Was the GLS also considered? No idea on the Blade-Tech WRS, but the retention mechanism looks eerily similar to the G-Code system which is also used by Bravo Concealment.
    Our holster policy hasn't been update in 10 or more years. It requires a strap over the hammer or a strap that engages the top of the slide. Also, the target audience is a bit resistant to change because change is BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Our holster policy hasn't been update in 10 or more years. It requires a strap over the hammer or a strap that engages the top of the slide. Also, the target audience is a bit resistant to change because change is BAD!
    How do they allow the ALS then?

I have one for my 229/RMR combo that I carried on duty for a while. It's a well made holster. The reason I stopped carrying it wa because I could never get a 100% reliable draw stroke with it. I have short thumbs and that's a problem considering him the hood releases. About 5-10% of the time I'd muff the draw. So back to the ALS I went and the RMR slide came off the duty gun.

It's a RH model. If you want to fiddle with one and have a 229R let me know. I'll send it out. It's just sitting in a box right now.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I've recently gone back to an SLS from an ALS .
    Can you say more about that? SLS -> ALS tends to be the trend, but I've seen a few go the other direction.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Can you say more about that? SLS -> ALS tends to be the trend, but I've seen a few go the other direction.
    I didn't know that there was a trend back to the SLS. I much prefer the ALS, but it is incompatible with a TLR2.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    How do they allow the ALS then?
    Yes, ALS is allowed. I've offered to move this person to an ALS only holster but they don't want to change. I was hoping a holster with a bail would be close enough for them to try.

User Tag List