Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19, XD mod 2 (9mm, subcompact), px4 compact carry?

Glock 19, XD mod 2 (9mm, subcompact), px4 compact carry?

Been carrying a Sig p938 every day for three years, and I'd like something more of an all-around gun I can still conceal carry.

I'm equally bad with both striker and hammer systems, but I want to enroll in a pistol training course, and my p938 won't cut it, I suspect.

I recently shot the g19 and XD mod 2, and the XD mod 2 felt better to shoot, but the 3in barrel wasn't helping me out. Can't get my hands on the Beretta px4 compact carry, but I'm willing to train on DA/SA if it's my primary carry.

Willing to invest about $700 in gun + good appendix IWB holster. Also willing to put $1,000 in ammo and good training course.

Gun suggestions? Training course suggestions in Texas are also welcome.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just transitioned to the Glock 19. I usually go with the biggest firearm I can comfortably conceal. The G19 for me hits that sweet spot of weight, shoots well, and conceals well AIWB while still letting me be active.

If you really want to try out the Beretta I would wait to compare that with the G19. Sounds like you might already be ruling out the XD.

As for holsters I am quite pleased with my new Mastermind Tactics AIWB. And one of their EDC 2 belts is a great option as well. Both will cost about what most other companies sell for just a holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks skroob

Another vote for the G19. Personally, I wouldn't own an XD due to failures I've seen. There may be some high round count XD's but I don't think they are as durable in general as a G19. Many fans of the Beretta here but I have no experience with them. If you do pick the Glock, check some of the threads here for recommendations on sights. The steel night sights are ok, but the plastic OEM sights are garbage.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Also what felt better about the XD over the G19? Just curious.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Assuming you own no other handguns aside from the P938, I'd buy into any of the good 9mm striker pistol systems (Glock, M&P, HK VP9, SIG P320, etc) and stick to that. The Glock and the M&P both offer single stack options that can serve as replacement to your P938.

Personally, I'd sell the 938 and use the proceeds buy a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 or 43. Focus on those for a while and add duplicate/triplicates as the money comes.

Also, the 3" barrel likely had a minimal influence on your accuracy. Mechanically the two guns are likely of fairly equivalent accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
    Also what felt better about the XD over the G19? Just curious.

Don't know if it was me, but the g19 (rental gun) felt loose and was knocking my hand on recoil. Mod 2 was practically new, and felt a lot smoother and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Another vote for the G19. Personally, I wouldn't own an XD due to failures I've seen. There may be some high round count XD's but I don't think they are as durable in general as a G19. Many fans of the Beretta here but I have no experience with them. If you do pick the Glock, check some of the threads here for recommendations on sights. The steel night sights are ok, but the plastic OEM sights are garbage.
    Noted. Thanks! Fnfan

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Assuming you own no other handguns aside from the P938, I'd buy into any of the good 9mm striker pistol systems (Glock, M&P, HK VP9, SIG P320, etc) and stick to that. The Glock and the M&P both offer single stack options that can serve as replacement to your P938.

Personally, I'd sell the 938 and use the proceeds buy a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 or 43. Focus on those for a while and add duplicate/triplicates as the money comes.

Also, the 3" barrel likely had a minimal influence on your accuracy. Mechanically the two guns are likely of fairly equivalent accuracy.
    I need the biggest site radius I can get when it comes to striker fired pistols. :-)

Getting a Glock 19 and a DSG or JMCK aiwb =happiness.

User Tag List