Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How a red dot is changing my shooting experience.

How a red dot is changing my shooting experience.

Recently picked up the 320c RX and its really improving my shooting experience. Took a little bit of time, but from a presentation and shooting perspective, I have become as fast as I was with my iron sights. In terms of accuracy, it's been night and day.

Today I configured my RX slide on my subcompact, went to work on a little distance shooting. Now it's probably important to know that at best, and I'm being generous, I'm an avg. shooter. Probably less than that on this forum.

Anyway this is just right at 30 yards.

First 10 shoots. First one hit the middle, than decided to aim small and miss small.

If you look at the first pic, the taget on the far left has a 6 inch steel target that I was able to hit pretty consistent with weak hand and strong hand.

320c RX is easy to carry but the sc set up really will make the summers in TX a breeze to carry with an optic.

Site Supporter
    Solid shooting dude!

I can't wait to have reliable red dots on my pistols..

My eyesight's good enough and my budget's bad enough that I have some time before red dots on handguns are a thing for me. I'm really looking forward to the innovations we see in the next couple years when I can get serious about getting them myself.

Stellar shooting dude!
    Last edited by Lomshek; 03-10-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Considering Red Dots are not in my budget. But the Meprolight FT Bullseye is (TO ME) a very good alternative !

http://www.themakogroup.com/ftbull.html/
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Considering Red Dots are not in my budget. But the Meprolight FT Bullseye is (TO ME) a very good alternative !

http://www.themakogroup.com/ftbull.html/
    Good alternative as in you've tried it, compared it, and saw an improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Good alternative as in you've tried it, compared it, and saw an improvement?
    Not yet but I am willing to invest and figure a month using it ( which is what my XS Bug Dots took to get used to them.)

Just my thoughts don't have the extra money needed for a good RMR and all the milling needed to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Kennydale; 03-11-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Site Supporter
    Kennydale,

I don't think the mako product will give you red dot performance - it is still an iron sight and will require you to split focus between the sight and the target.

The eye focuses by using the eye muscles to change the shape of the eye. As we age, we lose "elasticity" in the eye and it takes us longer to switch focus such as from near to far etc.

A big advantage of RDS is you look through the optic, superimposing the dot on the target which is your focus point so you only have a single focal point.

As far as slide milling the Dueck defense and Raven concealment Balor mounts are solid, reasonably priced and require no modification to your Glock.

The RMR is the most proven optic but the leupold delta point pro is another option. It has a SOCOM contract and other than GJM's experience here I've not heard of any reported issues. GJM was an early adopter and you know the deal with being a beta tester. Optics planet has the DP Pro for $399.

Can you post a picture of your SC set up? That's some scary good shooting with a pistol that size.
    Last edited by MGW; 03-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Battery life on the DP Pro is rather dismal compared to Aimpoint and RMR...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List