Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 207: Hyper Mozambique

Week 207: Hyper Mozambique

Results may be posted until April 10th, 2017.

Designed by: SsevenN
    Range: 3 yards
    Target: Two USPSA Metric or IDPA
    Start Position: Holstered
    Rounds Fired: 12

SsevenN has generously offered his Hyper Mozambique for our use as the Drill of the Week. Let's try it! Thank you for your contribution, SsevenN!

Set up your two targets at a distance of three yards, spaced three yards apart if possible (if some other spacing is required due to range constraints, just note it when you report your results.)

Start with the gun holstered and loaded with exactly six rounds. At the start signal, draw and shoot four to the body and two to the head of one target, reload from slidelock, and shoot four to the body and two to the head of the other target. No extra shots allowed.

Your score is your time, plus any applicable penalties. A/B/-0 zone (whole head included) is no penalty. C/-1 zone is +.25 seconds per shot. D zone and misses are DQ and receive no score.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Gun, target and spacing used
    Total raw time
    Total penalties accrued
    Grand total score (total raw time plus total penalties accrued)
    Observations: anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post

Results may be posted until April 10th, 2017.

Designed by: SsevenN
    Range: 3 yards
    Target: Two USPSA Metric or IDPA
    Start Position: Holstered
    Rounds Fired: 12

SsevenN has generously offered his Hyper Mozambique for our use as the Drill of the Week. Let's try it! Thank you for your contribution, SsevenN!

Set up your two targets at a distance of three yards, spaced three yards apart if possible (if some other spacing is required due to range constraints, just note it when you report your results.)

Start with the gun holstered and loaded with exactly six rounds. At the start signal, draw and shoot four to the body and two to the head of one target, reload from slidelock, and shoot four to the body and two to the head of the other target. No extra shots allowed.

Your score is your time, plus any applicable penalties. A/B/-0 zone (whole head included) is no penalty. C/-1 zone is +.25 seconds per shot. D zone and misses are DQ and receive no score.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Gun, target and spacing used
    Total raw time
    Total penalties accrued
    Grand total score (total raw time plus total penalties accrued)
    Observations: anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Mr. White you definitely ironed out the scoring metric for me on this one. Can I ask did you shoot it a few times to balance the scoring or did you just kind of work off of our conversation?

EDIT: Can't wait to shoot this after work, my rush order AIWB holster for my P30L LEM hotness is due today!!!!! Finally on the AIWB hype train!
    Last edited by SsevenN; 03-10-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

I like this, I think I'll throw this in this weekend when I head to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the starting position centered between the two targets, essentially making a triangle?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Is the starting position centered between the two targets, essentially making a triangle?

The way I originally designed it yes - but Mr. White is the exec on this so his final word is law.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    The way I originally designed it yes - but Mr. White is the exec on this so his final word is law.
    That's how I interpreted it and that's how I shot it. Let's go with that!
    Lord of the Food Court

Mr. White you definitely ironed out the scoring metric for me on this one. Can I ask did you shoot it a few times to balance the scoring or did you just kind of work off of our conversation?

EDIT: Can't wait to shoot this after work, my rush order AIWB holster for my P30L LEM hotness is due today!!!!! Finally on the AIWB hype train!
    I just went off our conversation. The mechanics were pretty easy to work out when you said the priority was to emphasize fluid draws and reloads.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I just went off our conversation. The mechanics were pretty easy to work out when you said the priority was to emphasize fluid draws and reloads.
    I hope this is appropriate - if not let me know and I'll delete it, but if anyone is curious about the original, much more clumsy and punishing scoring mechanic and wants to try it is as follows:

From concealment, 2 mags loaded 6 rounds each, par timer set for 6 seconds. Two USPSA metric targets 3 yards down range 3ish yards apart

On the buzzer draw and fire 4 the the A zone thoracic then 2 to the A zone credit card, slide lock reload and repeat on target #2.

Score is pass fail, you need 100% Alphas and inside the 6 second par time. (I set the passing score just outside of what I was capable of running while testing this)
    Last edited by SsevenN; 03-10-2017 at 03:43 PM.

I hope this is appropriate - if not let me know and I'll delete it, but if anyone is curious about the original, much more clumsy and punishing scoring mechanic and wants to try it is as follows:

From concealment, 2 mags loaded 6 rounds each, par timer set for 6 seconds. Two USPSA metric targets 3 yards down range 3ish yards apart

On the buzzer draw and fire 4 the the A zone thoracic then 2 to the A zone credit card, slide lock reload and repeat on target #2.

Score is pass fail, you need 100% Alphas and inside the 6 second par time. (I set the passing score just outside of what I was capable of running while testing this)
    I don't think that's inappropriate at all. I would have shot it a little differently if it were written to require upper A-zone shots - I went with the whole head like we talked about. Maybe I'll shoot it again while this is still open...

Anyway, here's what I did do.

Gun, target and spacing used: Gen3 G34, USPSA Metric, 3 yard spacing
    Total raw time: 4.54
    Total penalties accrued: 0
    Grand total score (total raw time plus total penalties accrued): 4.54
    Observations: Fun drill. Definitely puts a premium on the draw and reload (relaxation.) Draw was 0.80, reload was 1.55 - my support hand slipped regripping the gun and I messed that up a little bit.

Lord of the Food Court

Well I know what my dry work will look like tonight.

User Tag List