Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal Cartridge lays off 110 workers in Anoka

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    ^^^Did they get the guy responsible for the R51 launch on the grill of the bus?
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 03-10-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Well they need to have some way of keeping the price of 22lr so high

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ^^^Did they get the guy responsible for the R51 launch on the grill of the bus?
    Both those guys did what executives do . . . moved on to a higher paying gig (and I'm guessing with a large severance package too).

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    From that article, there were 16 at Lexington too. 177 people in 6-ish months plus 200 when they closed Mayfield. Hopefully they clean up their act and find their way out of the darkness for the sake of the employees.
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 03-12-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Both those guys did what executives do . . . moved on to a higher paying gig (and I'm guessing with a large severance package too).
    This is my surprised face. That's about the way it always goes with the upper levels of admin, the world over.

No real surprise about the layoffs. While I want to feel sorry for the industry, it isn't completely about things slowing down. The uptick created a huge market which brought a lot of new players and competition for the big boys.

Smaller ammunition companies and lots of R&D money spent on new models of firearms. Companies like Sig are benefitting greatly from their investment while Remington is still trying to figure out how to make a reliable compact 380.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Cerberus was at the controls when Chrysler made a smoking black hole in the ground. I worked for a Chrysler supplier at the time. After Fiat bought them, every month there was something clearly improved and done better in how they operated. Maybe Big Green will actually go broke and get bought and turned around by the world's oldest industrial company. I just hope that something better can arise without the families being too hurt by the process.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 03-13-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

They need to take those workers and produce match grade .22 level ammo that would compete with eley, rws, and sk match ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This is my surprised face. That's about the way it always goes with the upper levels of admin, the world over.
    Dilbert calls it again (start at 4:40 in).
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 03-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.

User Tag List