Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlanta To Do

Helen is a shell of what it once was. Dahlonega is much cleaner and prettier place to go. I worked in Atlanta, I don't like to go to Atlanta except when I get old buddies to Fly me around

That said there is a cool speak easy style place called Ormsby's off of Howell Mill that has bocci ball, hand shuffle board, etc. Also some other restaurants around there as well, West Egg has good breakfast food and is right there.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 03-09-2017 at 12:40 PM.

I think it would be inappropriate, on a shooting board, not to mention the Roger's Shooting School when discussing things to do in the Atlanta region. It's admittedly 1.5 hrs or so north and the classes are typically a full week, but I'm told they do offer shorter segments on request. It's a NOT TO BE MISSED experience for the serious pistol shooter.

https://www.rogersshootingschool.com

t

We survived our trip and several of the comments here helped us out. In no particular order we saw the following:

Coke Center
    Georgia Aquarium
    Olympic park
    Atlanta history center
    Jekyll brewing
    Amicalola falls
    Dawsonville moonshine
    Sweetwater brewing
    Roswell ghost walk
    Stone Mountain

Thanks guys

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I spent a day at the Porsche Experience Center there last week. Highly recommended. 911 Turbo S hauls ass!
    I have been longing to do this, which package did you choose? Did you feel like you got enough seat time to truly appreciate the vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by NGP View Post
    I have been longing to do this, which package did you choose? Did you feel like you got enough seat time to truly appreciate the vehicles?
    I didn't have a package to choose, a friend was picking up his Turbo S and invited me to come along. We split the track time, which isn't very much in that instance. Since i've been to a lot of performance driving schools over the years, I thought I was able to wring out the car pretty well. More time would certainly be better, but an hour of ripping around the track (it's a small track) probably gave me what I needed. I wish they had longer straight aways to get the G's and MPH's up higher, but it is what it is. I pulled 1.27 G's at one point.

Dude. Fried Chicken and Waffles!! Why has this not been mentioned yet? Gladys Knights?

Also... Varasano's Pizza is amazeballs! (Buckhead)

If you are into military history, don't forget about Kennesaw Mountain Battle Site

https://www.nps.gov/kemo/index.htm
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 03-31-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Dude. Fried Chicken and Waffles!! Why has this not been mentioned yet? Gladys Knights?

Also... Varasano's Pizza is amazeballs! (Buckhead)
    Uh, last I heard Gladys's place has been failing health inspections left and right. I think they even just dropped her name from the brand because they've run themselves into the shitter. No-go
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Uh, last I heard Gladys's place has been failing health inspections left and right. I think they even just dropped her name from the brand because they've run themselves into the shitter. No-go
    :'(

User Tag List