Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ratcheting EDC Dress Belt.... Do they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's in the actual padded battle belt. We were issued them for such use, but a lot of people took to them for more traditional uses.
    Gotcha! Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's in the actual padded battle belt. We were issued them for such use, but a lot of people took to them for more traditional uses.
    What padded battle belt are you using? I’m looking for something thinner than what I currently have.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I’m back in the market for a ratcheting dress belt, “carry” or not.

This discussion is about the nylon Kore belts but there is some good info there. I plan to buy a nylon version of whatever leather dress belt I buy.

17 minute mark is where he starts to talk impressions.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I wasn't aware that one of the differences between the "fashion" Kore belts and the "gun" belts is that the fashion belts are 1&3/8" wide while the gun belts are 1&1/2" wide. Nexbelt, it appears, maintains the same 1&3/8" width for both lines. I see pros and cons of both appraoches.
    Pro to consistent width: more ability to mix and match buckles and straps. I may want to have a "fashion" buckle on my "tactical" strap or (more likely, particularly in the nylon) vice versa.
    Con to consistent width: 1&3/8" width doesn't seem ideal to me for loops designed for 1.5". that 1/8" difference shouldn't be a big deal but I think it could allow for additional unwanted wobble.

starts talking about the slide belts at about 1:50. Gets into the actual comparison between Kore and Nexbelt at about 2:45.

Last edited by rob_s; 07-16-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I don't even appendix and I'd prefer this design for everyday non-dressy attire. Love the smaller profile buckle.
    https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...RoCysQQAvD_BwE

User Tag List