Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ratcheting EDC Dress Belt.... Do they exist?

I have not been impressed with the long term durability of my Nexbelt. The stitching is fraying and has required a couple of trims. The frayed areas are generally around where my pant belt loops are, not even on the gun area, although that area is showing significant wear as well.

It has developed a 'dip' along backbone

The spring lock mechanism doesn't do a great job of grabbing anymore; the spring has lost considerable amount of tension. The plastic teeth have help up remarkably well though.

I really like the concept and how 'flat' it is for a leather-esque belt, but I'm not sure it is up to the task of daily use. It is currently my only black belt, so it still gets used, but will be replaced soon.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So it looks like Kore and Nexbelt are the two main options here?

I'm planning on getting one or the other, any preference one over the other?

For me, this will mostly be a non-carry belt but may occasionally be used for carry.
    The Boxer Tactical Apogee is also an option, and a better one IMO.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    I've been wearing the Boxer Tactical belt since it was released. As far as ratcheting type belts go... the Boxer is the best I have seen as far quality of materials. Plus I like that it is made in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    The Boxer Tactical Apogee is also an option, and a better one IMO.
    Not really a look that's going to work in the office for me.

So it looks like Kore and Nexbelt are the two main options here?

I'm planning on getting one or the other, any preference one over the other?

For me, this will mostly be a non-carry belt but may occasionally be used for carry.
    My next belt "tactical" gun version is 1 1/4" FYI. Not sure if I fudged up and ordered wrong and don't recall a width option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I'd go with the Boxer Apogee in heartbeat if I had a $100 gun belt budget. Also, Billy Johnson is a cool dude.

I had a $50 gunbelt budget once and got a Voland Atlas G-hook. But that's not office wear either.

Just out of curiosity, what tuckable holster are you guys using for office wear?
    Last edited by Irelander; 09-19-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

This thread motivated me to buy a ratcheting buckle belt back in March. So I now have six months of daily wear on a Kore Essentials trackline. It's been an almost daily wear dress belt. My office is a no carry zone. So at lunch, evenings and weekends I've carried in a JMCK IWB3 clip attachment and mag pouch with a clip attachment. I mention the carry gear because it's pretty easy on the belt in terms of wear and tear.

The belt functions nicely as a dress belt. I've been very happy with it as a carry belt as well. The quick adjust-ability makes it very easy to put the holster on or take it off. The ratcheting system has held up very well, no slippage and not susceptible to accidental bumps causing a release. The stitching shows no fraying and the belt itself looks pretty much as it did on day one.

So, for $60, I'm pleased.

So is nextbelt still the go to for ratcheting buckle belts or is there something better out there?

So is nextbelt still the go to for ratcheting buckle belts or is there something better out there?

It would depend on what you want. RGB (ratcheting gun belt) and Nexbelt (check your spelling), are the only two that originally screwed through to the belt. RGB is leather on both sides, while Nexbelt has the polymer encased in some other woven material, on the back. Two different price points.
    Nexbelt changed their buckles (screws now, not pins) and have more buckles.
    I've been keeping my eyes out for American made buckles, as it took me a while to find out about the track. (father is/was a leatherworker, so I would like to make my own)
    I've wore RGB now for a bit more then a year. No opinion yet until I get the lifespan of the belts my father made for us (I averaged 8-10 years per belt). LEO relative, wore Nexbelt for his last year and was happy with it.

Still using the Nexbelt and am very happy with it.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I have worn a Nexbelt for 3 years now. I think it is a perfectly serviceable belt and I wear it 95% of the time. If I had to do it over again, I would go with a Kore belt. They also have screws in the buckle but have an all leather back compared to Nexbelt's nylon which frays a lot. Additionally, Nexbelt is not a 1.5 inch belt it is smaller, so 1.5 inch belt clips cause movement of the holster. Kore's is 1.5 inch. The only thing Nexbelt has going for it is that I think I like the look of the buckles better - but not so much that I would chose them again. I love ratchet style belts and am probably going to upgrade to a Kore soon.

User Tag List