Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratcheting EDC Dress Belt.... Do they exist?

I've been trying one of the Nexbelt dress belts for a few months. It's been working fine carrying a compact 9 IWB and spare full-size mag OWB. No particularly noticeable wear on belt or ratchet insert.

And yes, I do find the ratchet mechanism much handier than the traditional belt with holes.

Site Supporter
    It would be awesome if JRC could use the Anson Belt set up on a true gun belt. I'm guessing the buckles designed for these kind of belts wouldn't work with a thicker double layer belt though.

I've been wearing a Kore Essentials Trakline gunbelt daily for about 6 months now. It's great.

I've put a brown leather nextbelt through its paces since October and it looks like absolute shit now. I wouldn't dare wear it if I had to tuck my shirt in but the thing is, I still like it so I still wear it.

Strongly considering one of those boxer tactical belts after using the ratchet-type for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I've put a brown leather nextbelt through its paces since October and it looks like absolute shit now. I wouldn't dare wear it if I had to tuck my shirt in but the thing is, I still like it so I still wear it.

Strongly considering one of those boxer tactical belts after using the ratchet-type for a while.
    Thanks, Bobby, for sharing that. It's good to have reports from folks that have actually used and worn this equipment.

(Thankfully I rarely wear anything more formal than clean 5.11s but I was somewhat interested in a dress down version of the BioThane type belts. Less and less it seems now.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've been wearing a ratcheting dress belt daily for about a year, and I wouldn't trust the mechanism with any real weight. If I simply bump my buckle the belt instantly gives me a ton of slack, especially if I'm wearing IWB with the belt tight. Don't want your belt to pop open and your holster/gun/pants to drop in a bad moment! I'm 6'4" and 185lbs, so I carry concealed under a blazer or sport coat, but I'm thinking of trying a shoulder holster under my shirt.
    Just my two cents!

So it looks like Kore and Nexbelt are the two main options here?

I'm planning on getting one or the other, any preference one over the other?

For me, this will mostly be a non-carry belt but may occasionally be used for carry.
    Last edited by rob_s; 09-19-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So it looks like Kore and Nexbelt are the two main options here?

I'm planning on getting one or the other, any preference one over the other?

For me, this will mostly be a non-carry belt but may occasionally be used for carry.
    I've been using the Blade Tech/Next Belt Ultimate Carry belt everyday since June. I wear it for work as well as on the range and have been very happy with it. They are on Amazon for about $50. They do not show up on the Blade Tech site however.

I've been wearing the Boxer Tactical belt since it was released. As far as ratcheting type belts go... the Boxer is the best I have seen as far quality of materials. Plus I like that it is made in the USA.

User Tag List