Thread: Sordin Earnuffs and the battery compartment

Site Supporter

Sordin Earnuffs and the battery compartment

Got a pair of Sordin 73502. I haven't changed the battery since I got them about 2 years ago and they've sat unused for about 7 months. I unscrew the bolt that opens the batter compartment. One battery drops out. The other which was underneath it, slides up to the hole but refused to pop out it just jiggles around. If I had a manual, who knows where that it is?

I don't see one on their web site. You can call them in Sweden.

Any ideas?

I found that a good solid slap usually helps.
    You might also try grasping the positive terminal of the battery with tweezers or a pair of needlenose pliers and giving it a tug. Sometimes the second battery tries coming out at an angle and you may need to slide some type of thin shim-like object inside to correctly align the battery with the battery cap.
    If you're having some other issues, you might want to give SRS tactical a call.
    I'm just here for the entertainment.

Glenn - Try:

Unscrew cap.

Remove Battery 1.

Line ear cup vertically above a semi-hard surface (wood cutting board, counter)

Rap cup smartly down on surface, dislodging battery 2.

For reinsertion, I put battery 2 in, then use a bamboo chopstick to flatten it into the upper compartment, then drop in battery 1.

Hopefully, this is what you need, and it isn't due to corrosion.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the tips. Will give them a try. As an aside, things always have that last magic wiggle to get them to work. Do engineers do that on purpose? My AC filters were like that. I learned the wiggle. When the service guy came for annual checks, I had to show him.

This was the number one reason I sold mine and don’t understand why people love them so much. I can change my Peltor’s batteries while they’re on my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I had to send mine back to be rebuilt. They recommend a specific brand and type of battery, lest parts of the battery compartment corrode. Mine were rebuilt cheaply, and thus are still in use. When they die the next time I think Peltor Com-tacs will replace them. I seem to remember Hilton Yam stopped using them after problems with the directionality.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    They recommend a specific brand and type of battery, lest parts of the battery compartment corrode.
    Pat - Can you expand on this? I’ve been using my rechargeable AAA Eneloops lately.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Pat - Can you expand on this? I’ve been using my rechargeable AAA Eneloops lately.
    This is what I use as well. No problems yet.

Site Supporter
    I'll have to find my repair ticket. I think they specified Duracell Procell. When mine stopped working I sent them in to be checked and on the phone SRS told me the non authorized batteries would result in a $100.00-150.00 repair bill on a $250 pair of muffs, so it was cheaper than new. Mine was bought in 2006, and repaired in about 2011-2012. No problems since then. I just checked online and the support website and the user manual have no such stipulations. Good thing, I am almost out of Procells.

I think @HiltonYam mentioned calling a sound to the rest of his team as coming from the wrong direction, and loosing confidence in them, but this was also a long time ago.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 07-17-2020 at 08:13 PM.

User Tag List