Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal sight pushers... any recomended?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/65...ear-sight-tool

I have this (got mine from brownell's years ago.) works on anything. I like that it can help clamp the slide without breaking it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Tried removing an XDS front sight for a really stupid reason. Sight didn't budge and started torquing the pusher block so I gave up. Maybe there's a trick to them that I don't know about, but oh well.
    The few XD sights I have worked on were so hard I actually had to mill one off.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    The few XD sights I have worked on were so hard I actually had to mill one off.
    I had a damn hard time with the sights on my Colt commander as well. I ended up slicing it in half lengthwise in the dovetail with a Dremel and pulling the two pieces out.

That was nerve wracking.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have this one -> http://amzn.to/2mGBZkV and once you get over the fact it's cheap as hell and you need to mcgyver your particular gun into it. You realize that it works fantastically.
    I also have one of these. Considering I only own Glocks, it works really well. I bet I've removed and installed 30 pairs of sights with this tool for myself and buddies. No idea how it would work with other brands though.
    Last edited by MD7305; 03-09-2017 at 10:14 AM.

I have one of these
    https://www.srcgunworks.com/catalog/...ment-tool.html
    SRC out of Saskatchewan. I got it many years ago when they first started making them. It has worked well on everything I've used it for. Mostly M&Ps and Steyrs.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I also have one of these. Considering I only own Glocks, it works really well. I bet I've removed and installed 30 pairs of sights with this tool for myself and buddies. No idea how it would work with other brands though.
    Local shop has an ameriglo version, it's fantastic. But this one works really well for how cheap it is.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List