Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universal sight pushers... any recomended?

Universal sight pushers... any recomended?

Anyone using a universal pusher? Before my tools were stolen, I had 4 pushers. Now, it seems a waste to buy 4, and I think one will be easier to keep up with... these are what I am looking at. I hate to say "price is not an issue", but the agency is going to buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Engin...FVDD34DKYBJS2B

https://www.amazon.com/Maryland-Prof...l+sight+pusher

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Universa...QHEEGV648C7Q5Q

Currently, I need to install sights on Glock (43, 26,19,17), Sig (229, 226, 239), HK USPc and P2000sk, And we are about to Issue the P320. That's a lot of individual tools to keep up with...

Let me know what you liked or did not like about any of these, or recommend one I have not looked at...

Thanks!
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I have this one -> http://amzn.to/2mGBZkV and once you get over the fact it's cheap as hell and you need to mcgyver your particular gun into it. You realize that it works fantastically.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have the MGW universal. (I didn't pay full price for it.) This thing is a beast. The build quality of the tool is impressive, and with the accessory shoes, it makes short work of front and rear sight removal, install, and adjustment.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

And I have the wheeler. It's also a beast and I didn't pay anywhere near the MGW price for. At this point I am completel satisfied.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I use the MGW sight pro and it’s a great tool. However it has it down sides. It’s expensive. You have to have different plate for each pistol type, in your case it looks like you would need 7. It also helps to use it in a vise, not necessary but helpful. If money were no issue and I had the space I would get a dedicated MGW pusher for each.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    If money were no issue and I had the space I would get a dedicated MGW pusher for each.
    I am thinking long term. We may authorize other guns, we may drop some from our approved list. I could be sitting on useless tools in a year. (And it does not hurt to have a tool to work on personally owned guns. Once the co workers know you fix stuff, they show up with CZs, BHPs, 1911s, and other stuff that's not issued... )

Leaning toward the Wheeler, only because I don't need the individual shoes like the MGW...

Why am I not shocked that no one has tried the NC Star? I only linked it because it looks so simple compared to the others, and it looks like it would fit in the tool bag with much less space...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I use the Wheeler on Glocks and S&W with no issues. SIG too though the sights required fitting. Springfields are no-goes.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I have this one and have used it on Glocks and CZs. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016R...ords=CNCSIGHTS

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I use the Wheeler. Springfields are no-goes.
    What was the Springfield issue? Universal should be... Universal.

(Note, I don't think I would ever own an XD. but still)

Tried removing an XDS front sight for a really stupid reason. Sight didn't budge and started torquing the pusher block so I gave up. Maybe there's a trick to them that I don't know about, but oh well.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List